Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Weight loss after you stopped breastfeeding

My daughter is 22 months old and stopped Nursing 2 weeks ago. Even though I'm sad about her weaning..I'm also excited and hopeful that maybe I'll finally lose some weight! It was literally impossible while breastfeeding and I'm still holding onto 25lbs. If you were someone who held onto weight until weaning..How long did it take you to lose weight after your child stopped?

Re: Weight loss after you stopped breastfeeding

• I went back to weight watchers and lost a steady 2lb a week. Was happy with that but definately couldn't get it to shift whilst feeding. Was great treating myself to some new non feeding friendly clothes
  • I feel like I have actually gained weight since stopping breastfeeding! Breastfeeding is so awesome..especially burning 500 calories a day ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish I lost weight after breastfeeding. The only change I saw were by boobs going back to normal size. :(
  • I had the exact opposite experience! I was about 10 lbs below my regular weight while breastfeeding, and about a month after I stopped I had gained it all back. I hope you experience the weight loss option! :D
  • I was 15lbs under my prepregnancy weight while breastfeeding.  Now that I've been done for about 9 months, I'm UP 25 lbs.  Didn't change anything else.  Better luck to you, though.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Ugh no one prepared me for the effect stopping breastfeeding would do to my breasts. I swear it happened over night! I woke up one morning and they were complete deflated and teeny tiny! Pre-pregnancy I was a D now I'm a B at best..what the heck lol
  • I didn't really lose much weight while breastfeeding or after I stopped. I had to get on Weight Watchers, but once I did that the weight melted off. I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Malibu45 said:

Ugh no one prepared me for the effect stopping breastfeeding would do to my breasts. I swear it happened over night! I woke up one morning and they were complete deflated and teeny tiny! Pre-pregnancy I was a D now I'm a B at best..what the heck lol

Agreed! I was a C pre-pregnancy, DD+ during pregnancy and after milk regulated. Now I'm barely pushing a B. I (really vainly) miss my boobs.
    Anniversary