Infertility
Options

OHSS

Hey ladies!  So!  I ended up with a mild case of OHSS this go round with shots and then an IUI.  I felt awful for the whole week after the IUI and then 8 and 9 dpiui started to feel better and I'm pretty sure its because the trigger shot was out of my system.  (I tested it out) I took another test today and sure enough it was positive.  Fainter than the control line but definitely there.  Could the build up of HCG cause my OHSS to rear its ugly head again?  I was feeling great and then woke up feeling like dirt again.  I hope I'm not grasping at straws here, but has anyone experienced this? 

Re: OHSS

• Options
    Yes hcg can cause ohss to act up again, but did ur doc say u definitely have ohss? I might be confusing u with a different poster, but I thought u only had 6 follicles? It's super rare to have ohss with less than 20 follicles.
  • Options
    Exactly.  when I first called he said nope you dont have it. your feeling implantation cramping. well it kept going and I actually gained weight so he saw me and I've got a mild ohss.  Your ovaries have to measure at 8cm or something like that and they were exactly 8cm.  I had a lot of small ones and he thinks thats what did it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow that's crazy! I had 11 follicles during ivf and though I didn't have ohss, I started accumulating liquid around my ovaries after my egg retrieval.. I gained 6 lbs in water weight almost overnight (yikes!) thankfully it did go away and it stayed gone even after I got my BFP. So I think hcg can in some cases make ohss worse, but not always, especially if it's a mild case. Congrats again on ur BFP!
  • Options
    What does OHSS stand for?
  • Options
    Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome
  • Options
    I had ohss and before doing my fresh transfer my doctor did warn me that it can get worse if you get pregnant. Drink a lot of water and gatoraide!