May 2016 Moms

Daily Workout Thread

I've been a part of these threads on other forums/groups and find them motivating to get my butt out the door. Post whatever exercise you got in today, whether it be walking, cycling or hardcore training. Even a ten minute slow walk counts. My fitbit broke so I've just been using the activity tracker on my iPhone. Not as comprehensive as a fitbit, but still decent.

I've just woken up today so haven't gotten any activity in. However, yesterday here was my workout which I did in a group class at my gym: 

Warm up: 
Shuttle runs with a medicine ball
Medicine ball squats
Medicine ball throws

Workout: 
We did this in teams of three so I don't know my exact tally and I was not working the full 4 minutes as only one person worked at a time. 

As many reps as possible in 4 minutes, then 1 minute rest of (so a total of 20 minutes): 

Rowing for calories burned
Push Press (My entire team modified from 65# to 45#)
V-sit ups
Burpees

I usually try to get a walk in on weekends as well, but had some errands to do midday so I only totaled 6600 steps for the day. I really struggle to get enough walking in each day as I have a desk job. 

What has everyone else been up to? 

Re: Daily Workout Thread

• H and I went to the gym today and did arms - it felt good.  :)  Shoulder press, incline chest press, seated rows, curl/squat combos, tricep pushdowns.  Yesterday we went and did a full leg circuit and walked for 10 mins afterward.
  • Loading the player...
  • MsIan said:

Where do you find the energy? I'm barely making it to work!

Oh some days I really can't find the energy and do absolutely nothing but lie around watching Netflix. But it motivates me to record the days I actually got off my butt :-)

• H and I went to the gym today and did arms - it felt good.  :)  Shoulder press, incline chest press, seated rows, curl/squat combos, tricep pushdowns.  Yesterday we went and did a full leg circuit and walked for 10 mins afterward.

Great work! Hope you feel great afterwards.

Today I did another group class.

Warm up was just some mobility.

Workout was pull ups, weighted squats, sits ups and shoulder press. We were supposed to do the following rounds: 21, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3

However I got a burst blister on my hand so only made it half way through. Better something than nothing though.

Haven't done much walking today as of yet.

• Canoed 8 miles with students
  • Nice job, ladies! Ran a bit on the treadmill but spent most of my time on weights today: incline bench, shoulder press, lunges, hip thrusts, lat pull doe, chest fly, rear delt flys, rows and some planks for abs.
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• vinerie said:

Nice job, ladies! Ran a bit on the treadmill but spent most of my time on weights today: incline bench, shoulder press, lunges, hip thrusts, lat pull doe, chest fly, rear delt flys, rows and some planks for abs.

Wow good work! Have you noticed any decrease in ability (whether due to tiredness or nausea or relaxin or whatever)? I suck at planks but should probably practice them more.

• I ran a mile on the treadmill after a quick 1/10 walk and then another cool down walk after. I used to do 5Ks quite a bit, but I just can't do it anymore :(

I also was lifting up my baby niece over and over, so I felt like I got some arm work in there :))
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Nice job, ladies! Ran a bit on the treadmill but spent most of my time on weights today: incline bench, shoulder press, lunges, hip thrusts, lat pull doe, chest fly, rear delt flys, rows and some planks for abs.
    Wow good work! Have you noticed any decrease in ability (whether due to tiredness or nausea or relaxin or whatever)? I suck at planks but should probably practice them more.

It's hard to say. I haven't been working out as much because of fatigue. I told myself I wanted to get back into my routine as working out gives me energy. But since I haven't been working out, I do feel weaker in the gym. Or maybe it's because I'm, you know, pregnant. I don't know! Maybe both? Either way, I can't see a good reason to not work out, so I'm really trying to make the effort!

• I ran a mile on the treadmill after a quick 1/10 walk and then another cool down walk after. I used to do 5Ks quite a bit, but I just can't do it anymore :( I also was lifting up my baby niece over and over, so I felt like I got some arm work in there :))

That's nothing to scoff at! I walked a bit on the treadmill today but didn't really get my heart rate up. I think mile runs are awesome, I used to try to do them once a week. Here's a good article on how valuable they are: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/better-than-a-marathon-the-1-mile-challenge/

• I walked tonight for 45 minutes. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did a 40 minute insanity workout ( modified )
  • seasalt123seasalt123 member
    edited September 2015
    Did a 40 minute insanity workout ( modified )
    What modifications are you doing so far? I know technically we don't really need to modify anything in the first trimester (except intensity) but there are some things that freak me out a little now. Plus I'm scaling to keep my overall intensity in check. 

• I walk around three miles and a slight incline with intermittent minutes of running. Then do some ab work. Sometimes bike work too. On fridays we do an hour of swimming laps. Different intensities. Wednesday we try
  • Swim laps (slowly LOL) for about an hour MWF and I lift weights MF on TR I do yoga and bike 5 miles. If that's all I get done those days that's cool with me!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was planking before I found out as a part of my routine, but now I'm scared to do abs. I read some of you are doing abs I was wondering what ab workouts you are doing?
  • I ran a 5K this weekend and did nothing Sunday. I was so sore from Saturday. I run but not in races. I got a PR tho :) Today I did 20 minutes on stair master and sprinted as fast as I could for 5 minutes. I usually lift on a split training routine with minimal cardio but I wanted to change it up and do more cardio during this pregnancy. I still will lift but mainly to maintain the muscle I have. :) I still do abs lying down on mat with a stability ball. I used to do them on an incline bench but find it uncomfortable. I will have to go back and read but there is a point when you are pregnant you are not supposed to lay on your back anymore for abs.
  • I haven't done it yet, but I'm super looking forward to Insanity Max Interval Circuit tonight! 4:30 cannot come fast enough :) I wanna get moving!
  • I went for a swim this morning before going to work. I'm going to try to get in some type of cardio this afternoon.
  • I'm going to try a dance class at the pool tonight. I'm hoping that water aerobics will be easier than a traditional cardio class since I've been so tired.
  • Jillian Michaels Buns & Thighs (30 minutes) + walking 2.5 miles
  • So motivating. I didn't do anything yesterday and even my walking was sub par (6000 steps total). I hope to do a walk and home work out today. We shall see!
  • Today I'm going to my spin class. It's at a spin "studio" and rather intense. Last week I almost fainted on the bike, so I'm going to try and dial it down today. But I really like the once-a-week super intense workout it gives me. 

• I'm currently riding a bike at the gym while my daughter does MyGym next door. Win/win!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Today was another wash for me as I was in an all day meeting which stretched over lunch. I hate those days :-( Tomorrow won't likely be any better as I have a similar schedule. Hoping to either get to crossfit on Thursday or at least do a home workout or a walk/run. I don't like how sluggish I feel when I don't stay active.

Good job on the cycling @vinerie and @daphne814. I love a good intense workout at least once a week but sometimes you do have to dial it back.
  • Will go for  a run after work. It's the only thing that helps me get any energy and get through those extreme fatigue phases after work. 
    Not to long though. I have also noticed I am a lot slower than i used to be before. But i stopped watching the distance :-) Who cares! As long as I move and enjoy it.