March 2016 Moms
Options

Your Dream Babymoon

ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
edited September 2015 in March 2016 Moms
I've never been on a babymoon and the more kids we have, the less likely it is to happen. ;) If you could just cast aside jobs/finances/childcare, where would you go? Vote for whatever is closest to your ideal and then share the details of your dream trip below.
It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
Pregnancy Ticker

Your Dream Babymoon 79 votes

An island, preferably a warm one.
40% 32 votes
A cruise. I'm nauseous anyway, so what's a little seasickness?
1% 1 vote
Somewhere "romantic" . . . Paris, Venice, etc.
10% 8 votes
Into the wild! Think mountains, desert, forest, somewhere beautiful and maybe a little isolated.
8% 7 votes
Off the beaten trail, but still within civilization.
2% 2 votes
The city that never sleeps because neither do I (or another big city).
3% 3 votes
A cute B&B.
8% 7 votes
Anywhere with an ocean.
16% 13 votes
I'm a recluse. Leave me alone. I refuse to take an imaginary babymoon.
2% 2 votes
ANYWHERE BUT HERE!
5% 4 votes

Re: Your Dream Babymoon

• Options
    Mine would be revisiting where we had our honeymoon (near an ocean). If I weren't pregnant, it would be touring Europe . . . but that wouldn't be a babymoon. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We got married in Mexico and it was awesome. I would love to go back to an all-inclusive resort and bask my lazy butt on a lounger and have waitress bring me virgin daiquiris all day. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Into the wild! I love camping but have really only done it in northern MN. I have traveled through Montana and I would absolutely love to be able to go camping there, maybe at the foot of the mountains with a stream nearby, and just relax. Cook over a fire, drink coffee and read when the sun comes up, just taking in nature. 

My DH is not a camper so with DD we took a little trip up north and stayed in a hotel right near Lake Superior :) 
  • Options
    We will visit London at our babymoon:) well, don't go too far away and don't jump into adventure choose cities wisely. For example India or Egypt is at my list but we won't go such places at this term we are at Europe so we will stay close. And it will depend on your flight time, sicknesses, different air conditions.. Consider all and stay safe:)
  • Options
    Hmm mine is a toss up. We accidentally ended up on a baby moon. We planned a trip to hike Mt. Rainer, the Redwoods, and stay on the Oregon coast for a few days. When our trip rolled around I was 6.5 weeks and sick the whole time. So ideally I'd re-do the whole trip. Got sick and DH said no to hiking Mt. Rainier and climbing Redwoods. I did enjoy the beach in Oregon. Especially because it was a constant cool 65-70 degree ocean breeze. Too cold to feel self conscious about wearing a bathing suit or summer shorts but warm enough to lay on the sand, wet my toes.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mexico for 8 days over thanksgiving! Will be 25 weeks which is supposed to be pretty ideal for a pregnant va-cay! Can't wait!
  • Options
    Going to Tampa with one day at disney day after thanksgiving for 5 days
  • Options
    AlphabetFishAlphabetFish member
    edited September 2015
    It's kind of funny, but I'm backwards.

I'm already on my warm island (I live in Honolulu, HI), but what I really want to do is go home for the holidays.

It might not be too long for some people, but I haven't seen some members of my family for almost two years and that's long for me. My husband can never get leave to go home for Christmas because the president always vacations here and they won't give military permission to leave (Thanks Obama!) so we were trying for Thanksgiving... but I may not even get that since my work may not give me the time off. :( I just wanna see my mom.

• Options
    I've been itching to get back to Costa Rica to explore a bit more.
  • Options
    We just came back from our week long baby moon in Las Vegas. I'm 14 weeks and it was agonizing to be in Vegas and I couldn't have a drink but I made the best of it and we had a great time. We also visits the Grand Canyon which I'd never do with young kids way too dangerous .
  • Options
    @AlphabetFish :( That stinks! I hope you get to go home!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to Costa Rica I'll be 19 weeks
  • Options
    mshukhmshukh member
    edited September 2015
    Jamaica in December, but we are taking our toddler with so not a real baby moon.
    imageimage

• Options

Mine would be revisiting where we had our honeymoon (near an ocean). If I weren't pregnant, it would be touring Europe . . . but that wouldn't be a babymoon. :)

*EXACTLY* what you said, @ClaireBear90!!!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!