2nd Trimester

Leaky boobs already?

My breasts started leaking and I'm only 24 weeks along with my second. Is this normal?

Answers

• Yes. I have had intermittent episodes lately and I am 22.5 weeks.

We were watching law and order last weekend and a baby on the TV cried...and I definitely dribbled.
  • yllomssimyllomssim member
    edited September 2015
    I think it's normal, especially the closer you get to your EDD... But I've read not to self-express until the baby is born. (I'm not even sure if that's the right terminology sorry). I'm 26+5 and I've been a leaky since about 18-20 weeks, and it is almost daily. Sometimes just a little drop and sometimes it dribbles all down my shirt, especially if my boobs get itchy and I rub them too much but I haven't noticed a correlation between something emotional or baby related. I plan to ask my midwife about it this week because I forgot to mention it in our last session! Just get some washable nipple pads for now :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM, (will be 27wks on Mon) and I first experienced it at 14wks. My doctor said it was completely normal and can happen as early as 12wks. I was a little freaked out at first. Lol. Wasn't expecting it to happen so early.
  • We are expecting our 2nd child. I was shocked when I was leaking a little at 16 weeks. It happens. Definitely surprised me lol