Infertility

10dpiui

Hi all!

I had an IUI 10 days ago with the trigger shot 11 days ago. I tested out the HCG shot and took another test today with it being fainter than the control line. but obviously positive. Heres why I'm freaking out. 10dpiui seems soon to be getting a darker line to me. We triggered with 6follicles which already freaked me out, but with fewer I couldn't get one to implant. My first pregnancy ended up being chemical. but now with this positive so soon I'm nervous more than one implanted.. Has anyone gotten a positive 10dpiui??? Also please let me know if this is the wrong area for a question like this.

Thanks!

Re: 10dpiui

• I honestly don't know whether this is an okay place to ask.  I expect that a lot of women here have never had a positive pregnancy test, so it's hard to imagine being upset that a positive is too positive-- though of course I do understand your anxiety. 

I've done a lot of research trying to figure out when to test, and plenty of women get positive tests at 9dpo, so everything might be fine.  Call your doctor for a beta, and ask about when you can get an ultrasound to see if you're dealing with a multiple pregnancy (I think around 7 weeks, but I could be wrong).

You could ask in the first trimester board.  Lots of women there with experiences getting positive pregnancy tests.  I think there's also a board for multiples.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• When did you test out the trigger? Did you get a negative a couple of days ago? The trigger can stay in some women's system for up to 10 days. It left my system within 6 days, but for some women it is longer. The best you can do is test every day and schedule beta.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Loading the player...
  • I got my BFP 10dpiui, and it got darker and darker from there (my beta was scheduled for 13dpiui). Pregnant with one, so getting an early BFP doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of how many got fertilized, but rather when implantation took place. I guess congrats are in order?
  • I just posted this in another thread but I ended up with OHSS this go round of shots and IUI.  I tested out the trigger and it was gone 8dpiui.  Started feeling much better 8 and 9 dpiui and then today I woke up feeling like crud again.  At first I didn't realize what was going on until literally 5 minutes ago when I realized the HCG was out of my system and now its back which means I'll probably be dealing with OHSS a little longer.