January 2016 Moms
Options

Multiples Check in - 9/25/15

How's everyone doing this week?

This is a forum for all of us who are carrying more than one baby to share any questions, concerns, opinions, thoughts, fears, good news and bad, etc.
Feel free to let us know what's been going on with you during this past week and always be sure to let us know how far along you are.

I have been doing not so great this week due to not sleeping well. My back pain is just not letting up. I wake up multiple times during the night, tossing and turning. Even on weekends I rarely get adequate sleep. I guess I'm getting prepared for sleepless nights lol. I feel my babies move ALL the time. I swear they are in there having a ball because it sure feels like it. I absolutely love being pregnant and think it is the most magical thing in the entire world! To know my husband and I are creating something/s so beautiful and precious that it takes 9 months. That's amazing! 

I will be 23 weeks as of tomorrow and I believe that is the size of a cantaloupe. One other site said the size of a large zucchini. I know they are over 1 lb each. My appetite is so weird. Most days, lately, it has been down and I've even lost a pound this week, which is insane. Thank goodness I stacked up on the pounds early in my pregnancy lol. 

Most of you know there is an abnormality with my baby girl. It is called CPAM. I had an MRI this past Monday and meet with the high risk dr later today. CPAM is basically a cyst that is located on the lung. In my daughter's case, hers is located on her upper right lobe. It can be very damaging if it grows too big. It could result in the other internal organs being pushed out of place and in some cases, if liquid is found, can require surgery in utero and/or can result in death of the baby. That is the extreme cases and happens in less than 10% of all cases. My daughters condition so far has been really good. I found out at 20 weeks and with the MRI we learned it has not grown and it is not affecting any of her internal organs. Today I will learn about the team they are putting together that will work with me when I deliver. They want to be prepared for anything so I am very grateful for that. I have found a support group on FB for moms of babies with CPAM and I tell you it has been such a comfort during these trying times. I am still worried but not nearly as much as I was before. After 28 weeks it is rare for it to grow so I am praying really hard that things stay positive. I'll update you all on how things go at my appointment this afternoon. 

1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Multiples Check in - 9/25/15

• Options
    @keshakdavis good luck, still praying for your girl!
    I am 22w3d-I have been officially discharged from home health services and no more zofran pump!
    My nausea is being managed with oral zofran, which is much better than twice daily needle sticks. My boy is very wiggly, my girls are not so much. I am catching up on weight gain now, about half to one pound a day! Total weight gain is about 20lbs now, and I expect to start slowing down on that soon. My body needed to catch up.
    I go back to my MFM next week for the monthly detailed US, excited for that!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    @Kelley421 please educate me on zofran and home health care services. I apologize for my ignorance but I'd like to know more. Thanks for sharing. 
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @keshakdavis
    I have hyperemesis gravidarum- excessive uncontrolled nausea and vomiting. At 10w I was severely dehydrated and had lost 15lbs, so my doctor had nurses come to my home for IV fluids and meds. The pump has meds that infuse in through the skin continuously, and constant anti-nausea meds is how I survived the first 21w of pregnancy!
    Multiples tend to make sickness even worse.

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    @Kelley421 glad to hear you're doing better!
    @keshakdavis thinking about you and your family!

I'm officially in disability, but not bed rest. I've only been out of work for 3 days and I'm incredibly exhausted, I have no idea how I was doing it! Babies are looking good, although I have been diagnosed with Gd, chronic hypertension and with having multiples doctors are very concerned about preeclampsia. So I'm just going to keep resting and doing what they tell me to! Wishing you all luck!
  • Options
    So happy your little girl is looking good so far @keshakdavis!

My OB said I should start expecting to itch at some point. I had cholestasis of pregnancy with my last pregnancy, and she says she hasn't had a mom who hasn't had it in subsequent pregnancies--and multiples make more likely. It's annoying for me, but dangerous for babies, so I am hoping I am her first momma not to recur!

How do you guys answer the "when are you due?" Question? I feel they are asking when we expect babies to come, but telling them due date with caveat that term for twins is earlier takes too long for causal asker ha ha. I think I am going to just start saying we expect them in late December.

• Options
    @Kelley421 omg I couldn't imagine the misery you went through. Poor thing but I'm so glad you're doing better. Congrats on your triplets. Are they fraternal?
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Options
    @Rah938 if it is someone I do not know that well I tell them the original due date of Jan 16th but if I am in conversation with someone I know then I tell them the end of December after I tell them the Jan date and give an explanation of why.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Options
    @rah938 I say "January but they will be here before Christmas" or now that we have more definite, I will say "if they don't come earlier, I'll have them the week before Christmas"

I look very far along with the trips, so if a stranger asks if it's almost time, I tell them yes very soon. Then they ask what I am having, and I usually rotate saying boy or girl. I know- I am lying. But the target cashier asked if she could have one of my babies and made a scene, so I avoid telling strangers I am pregnant with triplets.

@keshakdavis as far as I know they are fraternal. I had only two eggs, so either I had one egg hiding out or the girls are identical. They have separate placentas so more likely fraternal.

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    @JDBtwinmama oh wow you have quite a bit going on! Keep resting mama!

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    I can't imagine the hysteria you get from people when they hear you are having 3. I get a big commotion when I tell people 2 so I can't imagine with you. It only gets worse when they are born lol.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Options
    @keshakdavis Glad to hear you've got lots of support for your little girl! And it sounds like it'll be a positive outcome. I'm still sending my good vibes your way!

@Kelley421 I can't even imagine what you're feeling with three in there! That's so exciting :) Stay comfy!

I'm almost 25 weeks with my twin girls. I just found out that they are indeed fraternal! I'm not sure if I updated everyone but at my anatomy scan they noted the nasal bone of one of my twins wasn't as bright as it should be. There were no other markers but because of my weight it still raised the odds of downs syndrome to 1:60. We decided to go ahead with an amnio on both twins at 20 weeks and all results came back a-ok! When the genetic counsellor called to tell us the good news, she mentioned that they were able to distinguish between the two samples, which I took to just mean they were reassuring us they got a sample from each twin... but that got me thinking. I happened to ask at my last midwife appointment and there it is in the report: they're not identical. It's definitely not a big deal, but it was fun learning something else about them!

We also learned that they have long legs! My husband and I are both tall people so that's no surprise. Add that to the fact that my family gives birth to large babies (I was over 9lbs at birth), I think these girls will be a very healthy size!

I'll be stopping work at the end of October and going on sick leave until my mat leave. My job is just too physically demanding to continue past 28/29 weeks, and my boss is really pushing for me to give them as much notice as possible... it's kind of tough to guess when work will become too much, but 28/29 weeks seems to be standard with twins in a physical job like mine. It's certainly nice to have an end in sight!

I love reading everyone's updates! Stay comfy, hydrated, and well fed everyone!! :)
  • Options
    Im a 35 year old FTM. 23 weeks with di/di girls. I had a rough week this week. Gas/bloat/PAIN every night. So far tonight is good. What I've noticed is I have not had milk or dairy products. My loving hubby and I painted the girls dresser today (outside) and we r still debating on whether or not to paint the nursery. My baby shower is set for 10/22. I'm having mixed emotions as well as the secretary at work n 2 coworkers are throwing it not my family or friends. However I'm an emotional wreck anyhow lol. I'm hoping to work as long as possible as I have mostly a desk job except to drive to meetings but I do get very very tired during the day and have taken to bringing my heating pad to work for my back lol. Thankfully I have my own office. Congrats to all of you as well and as always thinking of the other mommas here :)
  • Options
    If there are only two eggs there has to be an identical set in there unless you coincidentally had a spontaneous pregnancy at the same time.