January 2016 Moms

Anyone want to share nursery photos?

Im 25 weeks now and starting to feel very disorganised! I have purchased a change table (which is on the porch still waiting for me to sand it back and re strain it!), and when my hubby and I go on holiday next week, to spend a few weeks with the family, we will pick up a lot of hand me downs from my sister and purchase most of our big ticket items that we still need. My family live near the city, whereas if we wanted to buy anything for baby -high chair, baby seat etc- we would need to travel 600kms to the nearest city. Im starting to think of my nursery colour scheme (if I am even that organised!) and how I want to decorate it. Im thinking Id love to incorporate some Christian/scripture somewhere (artwork, or maybe something noahs ark like a music box?) and also tossing up something country, being from a farming background. Would love a cattle hide on the floor, but that sounds way to impractical and expensive! I would like something though to cover up most of the old, crusty orange carpet in the babies room (dont own the house we're living in!). I was wondering for those of you who have finished, or even done some of your nursery, would like to share some ohotos of it for a bit of inspiration? I would love to see some real nurserys, rather than the expensive, impractical ones in magazines!

Re: Anyone want to share nursery photos?

• Loading the player...
  • That's so cute! I'Ve been practicing drawing Peter Rabbit as I'd love to paint something under the windows.
  • Thanks for sharing!! Ooohh i love peter rabbit!! I have brought a peter rabbit quilting panel (another thing on my to do list).
  • I love the Peter Rabbit theme idea! 
    A Noah's Ark item would be cute for a Christian aspect too, I know you can get wooden toys and things in this theme. 

We don't have a room for baby so until we move we just moved furniture around to make space so he would have his own nursery corner. We picked the Jungle theme before we knew it was a boy. There are a couple things on the registry we'll add if we get them (rug, mobile) and I'm sewing a cross-stitch announcement in a Jungle theme we'll put up but otherwise it's going to stay pretty simple. Just need to buy a dresser, and put the changing mat on top. 

• -sighs dreamily- I wish I could get started!!
    I've picked a nautical theme for my boy with anchors, whales, and sailboats. I can't wait to see it all set up!!
    The baby room however is still full of SO's crap, closet still has his clothes.. I tried lighting a fire under his rear end to get him started cleaning it... That didn't work.
    There's like three months until baby day.. And I haven't bought a single baby room item :(
  • Wow some of you ladies are so organised. I'm 22+5 so that's almost exactly 4 months before our little one is due. But I have bought a wardrobe for little one to share with 2 of his older siblings, a cot bed and mattress and loads of cute clothes, Muslins etc but that's about as far as I've got - although I did allow myself to buy some big ticket items this month so feeling slightly less stressed by it all (cot bed, double seat to convert our single pushchair to a double & crib bedding) we are also going nautical theme with our little ones for bed area - boats and mainly whales - too cute! I've ordered all the bedding just waiting for it to arrive. Hubby set up cot bed yesterday too but only because I demanded it & he was feeling kind not because it needs to be up lol. So much fun
  • I did get this cute lamp on Etsy. I think my mom is planning a shower for me (she's keeping it a secret and I hate secrets). So Im anxious to buy my furniture before it sells out or we run out of time. I'm giving my mom a deadline of thanksgiving to tell me if she is buying furniture because I want to have the room set up before Christmas. I feel like waiting for furniture to be delivered in January is cutting it close. Thoughts?
  • This is what we've done so far, work in progress. Need to purchase a few more things like a glider and needs decorative touches.
  • What color gray is that @Vamason89??? We are thinking of doing the blue & gray combo too!!! Love it!!!
  • We do not have a set theme, more just sticking with our color pallet. It'll be navy, aqua, grey, and lime green. Here are a few decor peices that are going to hang above his changing table. The picture of the screw is of one of the knobs we got for his top dresser drawer.
  • @ByeByeSpotts furniture can take a really long time to come in...we ordered a dresser at the beginning of August and they told us it would be 10-16 weeks before it arrives. Personally I would not wait until thanksgiving to find out.
  • @mom2be2016 where did you order from that took that long? I'm just curious.
  • @kmoney2 it's a store called Great Beginnings the dresser is from Pali Furniture
  • val014 said:

What color gray is that @Vamason89??? We are thinking of doing the blue & gray combo too!!! Love it!!!

Valspar Ganymede :)
  • Ooh I love seeing everyone's nurseries so far!! All we've done is move out some of my office furniture and put in a crib, but we liked the colors we already had so we're going to keep it. I'm still working on de-cluttering and I'm waiting til my baby shower to get most of the other stuff for the room.

@Vamason89  - lol your cat! I bet my kitties are going to want to lay on the changing table and crib.
    @MssyMmmy - what a beautiful painting! You are so talented!

• @mom2be2016 ugh that's what I feared. Thanks for the heads up
  • @Vamason89 Where did you get the alphabet? Did you make it or buy it? It's super cute!!!

@l4rk are those decals or did you paint all that? It looks awesome!

@missperky I would have never thought to put the crib on an angle in a corner! Looks cool like that!

Everyone's looks great so far! DH just painted the walls and trim and has to paint the ceiling this weekend, then we'll start to put up the crib. We kept the wall color the same, but it needed touch ups, so we just did one coat. It's a cream color. We are doing a fish and sea creature theme. I'll post pics once we get further along!
  • We haven't started setting up the nursery yet, but I have so many ideas in my head! We are for sure painting the walls a medium gray color. We are having a girl and I really want to do coral as our other main color. However, I'm having a lot of trouble finding much in coral for nurseries. I've seen TONS of stuff in pink and gray, but hardly anything in coral. Anyone have thoughts on good places to look?
  • beckerlainebeckerlaine member
    edited September 2015
    ashs88 said:

We haven't started setting up the nursery yet, but I have so many ideas in my head! We are for sure painting the walls a medium gray color. We are having a girl and I really want to do coral as our other main color. However, I'm having a lot of trouble finding much in coral for nurseries. I've seen TONS of stuff in pink and gray, but hardly anything in coral. Anyone have thoughts on good places to look?

Hobby lobby has tons of adorable stuff in coral for a nursery!!! I'm having a boy, but if it was a girl, coral would be my color too! Good luck!!

• @beckerlaine Thank you! I never even thought to look at Hobby Lobby! I will definitely make a run there this weekend!
  • Here's some of the stuff from hobby lobby I took pics of before I knew I was having a boy
  • So far all i've done is paint my son's old furniture white it used to be espresso and change the knobs. I ordered a few things so I will start decorating this week.
  • I love bold pat
  • All we have so far. We rent so I really don't wanna got through the hassle of painting the wall but it looks so plain I just might do it.
  • Whoops pic didn't attach
  • fberg12fberg12 member
    edited September 2015
    I want to do chevron too! I love the curtains
  • How difficult were the stripes to paint?