March 2016 Moms

I have no clothes!!

kristakayyyekristakayyye member
edited August 2015 in March 2016 Moms
Im 13 weeks now...Maternity clothes are still too big but my clothes are too small. I don't want to spend money on new clothes that I'll grow right out of by next week. AND its still too hot out to start wearing yoga pants and leggings. What have you guys been doing ?

Re: I have no clothes!!

• I bought some pants from Old Navy maternity with the side panels, just I'm pretty sure other store will have them. They fit pretty true to size and just give me a little extra stretch around the middle. I've also rocked the belly band once or twice with work pants. Hope you find comfort soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • ecwkecwk member
    Yeah Target sell a cheaper version of the BellaBand called a Be Band, it's about seventeen dollars and should help you in that in-between stage where your pants are too tight but maternity pants are too loose!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • right now I am getting away with most of my normal clothes with a few changes
    -maternity panties (they come up and make me feel more secure and shaped
    - Hairband trick
    -Long tank tops under shirts
  • I am wearing leggings and my "fat" jeans. I also found that maternity jeans with side panels vs full panel are a lot easier to wear right now...
  • Other than my fat pants (which have turned into my regular pants since baby #1) and lots of skirts and dresses, I have been staying away from my jeans and jeggings.  They are just way too uncomfortable right now. 
  • I've been wearing my too big maternity clothes! I look a little silly I think, but oh well. I wear leggings when I'm going to be inside most of the day. I find the belly band uncomfortable, so this is my solution so far!

• I wear nothing but dresses. Anything with a waistband is too uncomfortable.
  • I survive with hair tied pants or Bella bands plus I bought a few old navy thank tops. Once I got a little bigger last time I just wore those under all my normal tops. They stretch and are very long. They also do great for layered nursing once you have the baby. I only ended up buying 3 pairs of maternity pants once my feet and ankles began to swell.
  • ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
    edited August 2015
    Looser fitting tops and maxi skirts. Don't feel bad about buying a few things, because you will need "in between clothes" during the postpartum period too. :) Dresses are also great because they tend to be less constricting.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have never bought maternity clothes, I'm pregnant with baby #4. I like wear tank dresses, maxi dresses for when I get a bump. I'm in southern Cali so it's been crazy hot (105-108) all this week.
  • I just bought a ton of yoga pants. They are way more comfy then the maternity pants I wore the last round. Love them And they are cheap between $10-15 bucks a pair
  • I just bought lots of inexpensive options at Burlington Coat Factory online.
  • I just ordered 6 pairs of leggings from Forever 21 for $3.90 each and they have long tanks for $3.80. I'm normally a small but ordered medium and large... Some of the customer reviews were pregnant people saying they worked well for maternity and so much cheaper than "maternity clothes". Quality is probably iffy but I don't care if they can keep me comfy for a few months!!
  • Are you having issues with workplace clothes or casual clothes? Either way you can buy 2-3 shirts and pants just to get you through this transition time. I also find maternity pants with the demi/low panel or side panels way better early on. I actually much prefer them my entire pregnancy. But you don't need a full wardrobe right now, just a couple pieces to bridge the gap. 

Maybe stop by your local Goodwill? I actually love browsing Goodwill a couple times a year, but I also live in an area where you can find great stuff at Goodwill. I know some areas just don't get the donations.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to Goodwill :) You can get "transition" pants there for between $3-$6 or even maternity  jeans.  Also check out the facebook buy/sell/trade boards if your area has those.  If you think about it - maternity clothes are only worn for a few months and are usually basically new if bought second hand. 
  • A friend of mine just gave me a big box full of maternity clothes, which is amazing and will save me a ton of $$. Except that my butt and thighs are getting big already, and a few of the pants and shorts are already feeling snug. Which is depressing.
  • Empire waist dresses worked in between the time the rubber band trick and full blown maternity pants, and I can wear them post pregnancy, however I'm tall and curvy so they make me look pregnant even if when I'm not. My DD thinks my maternity pants are the funniest thing she's ever seen. She calls them my 'leotard pants' because she says it looks like normal pants and her dance leotards had a baby. Silly kid!
  • I just signed up for the maternity version of Stitch Fix, an online clothing subscription.  They send you a box of clothes periodically.  I haven't received my first shipment yet, and I'm sure the clothes will be a little on the spendy side (if the prices are out of control I'll cancel).  I figure since I'm a nurse I won't need many casual/everyday clothes, so it's worth a try. Here's the LINK if anyone wants to take a look.  :)

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • I have officially stolen all of my 18 year olds yoga pants. No wonder why people wear those, they are so comfy! I am usually a jeans or shorts kinda girl, I grew up in Florida. My husband doesn't like the way my daughter's yoga pants make my behind look. He loves the way my behind looks in them but apparently so do others. Lol. I don't like attention from other men but that teeny part of me is like "oh yeah, I have 4 kids with one cooking and men stare". That sounds so vain but it does make me feel good in a weird way.
  • I started wearing maternity clothes as soon as I could...I gained a few (OK, more than a few) pounds with my last two pregnancies and losses, so my regular clothes were already tight. I have a bunch of maternity things set aside from my first pregnancy, and they are wonderful comfortable. :) Old Navy is having a massive sale right now, going to buy some more tops and a few pairs of pants.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm already in maternity clothes. I'm bloated (and have been for weeks) and the 5lbs I've gained have all gone to my waist. I figured I'll need to buy a second round of maternity clothes later on. I'm in a business program at school so I needed clothes that were more than the sweat shorts and leggings I had been living in. I feel much much better now that I have some more appropriate clothing.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • I have to dress for the office every day, though my bump is definitely "popped" I have been surviving just fine with the bella band... I ordered a 2 pack on amazon, 1 white and 1 black, and since i usually wear a tank under all my work blouses anyways they have been working great! Kohls also has great maternity work pants, and they are pretty reasonably priced!
  • I managed to score 2 pairs of black pants for $15 on the Motherhood Maternity website- the clearance was buy 1 get 1 50% off.  Yay!

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I finally stopped being vain and caved in to maternity clothes.  Ahhh I feel SO much better!!  And if fall weather would arrive I'd have a lot more to wear!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @charley15 was that $15/pair or $15 total?
  • I got me a bella band. It's really comfortable and stays up well. My stomach isn't super big yet, but it's big enough to make wearing pants really uncomfortable; something had to be done. The bella band is working out well.

• As soon as fall finally gets here, I'll be in better shape clothes-wise. Bring on the sweaters, long layers and leggings :)
  • tahirgirltahirgirl member
    edited September 2015
    i've been having this issue since 12 weeks and I will be 15 weeks tomorrow..lol its easy to just throw on sweats or a dress when you are in the house but when I have to go out its hard.. So I have come familiar with the hair band method for most of my pants lol.. But I wear scrubs for work and I definitely had to buy new pairs My smalls that i could fit once b4 barley get past my thighs now.lol i even had to get some new sneakers because my feet seem so fat now..smh.. But yea Im in the same boat.