August 2015 Moms

Baby Acne

DD is 6 weeks old and has baby acne, I am not concerned about it but just wondered if anyone else has had their bubba suffer it and what you did to help clear it up? I have used breast milk and was told warm water would help but neither are helping

Re: Baby Acne

• DS is almost 11 weeks and his just went away about two weeks ago. There isn't much you can do, it just takes time. I just wiped his face with a wet wash cloth every night. 
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom and grandmother swear that pretty much all babies get it, and that there's not a lot you can do. I also have a 6 week old with it and I've tried breast milk and washing his face daily with warm water but so far no luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom and grandmother swear that pretty much all babies get it, and that there's not a lot you can do. I also have a 6 week old with it and I've tried breast milk and washing his face daily with warm water but so far no luck!
  • My LO had it really bad and I found washing his face 3x a day with warm wash cloth & then putting moisturizer has helped it. It's not fully gone but it's definitely clearing up!
  • DD had it bad and still has a little bit but it's cleared up a lot. Our pediatrician told us to do nothing. It would clear up on its own. We did start wiping her face with a warm wash cloth a couple times a day which seemed to help. I've heard everything else can actually slow down healing. Pediatrician said definitely no commercial lotions or washes. Baby's skin is too sensitive for them
  • My LO had it for about a week or two around 1 month old. I simply started wiping her face with a really warm washcloth that had a little bit of Aveeno soap on it. Then I used another washcloth with only warm water to wipe off the soap. I did this 1-2x day and it cleared up fairly quickly.
  • Oh, and I still do it once a day Bc it's been hot out and she has a lot of skin to skin on her face (she likes to burrow to sleep lol). No acne since it cleared up tho!
  • My third baby had baby acne. She had it lightly for a couple months until I started putting lotion on her face. It cleared within days.
  • DS had it bad a few weeks ago and the doc said I could use a little Cetaphil cleanser. It seemed to work, though 3 weeks later it's coming back, so I'll get the cleanser out again.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son had it too. I started using the organic healingbalm from honestco. It really helped. I put it on for 2 days and it cleared so I stopped and then it came back. Now I just use it when he starts to break out but he's been much better. He's 7.5 weeks now.
  • Witches hazel worked awesome. My poor peanut had it so bad before pics and witches hazel cleared it up in two days. After you use it the acne does get a little red, but then it calms down and clears up.
  • My son had it. Try baby eucerin it cleared him up quickly.
  • Baby girl had it at about 2 weeks. We rubbed breast milk on it, then wiped it off after 15 min w/ a warm washcloth and it cleared up within the week.
  • My munchkin developed the WORST case of this at 4 weeks on the dot. Now at 5 and a half weeks it's mostly subsided. I don't think you're supposed to do anything.
  • Baby acne is hormonal and will go on its own after a few weeks. My LG's cleared up at around 7 weeks old after weeks of acne. Nothing worked for us in the meantime. Don't worry :)
  • edited October 2015
  • Aveeno baby exema lotion was recommended to me. We would use it after his bath at night and it make it go away within the week! Love it. Just used a very little bit. Barely pea sized.
  • As long as you are breastfeeding, baby is pretty much going to have it perpetually. The hormones from your body in the milk cause it. My son had it bad, he looked like he was going through baby puberty haha but now that he is on formula, it has gone away. It's just one of those things momma. I'm sure some of the things listed above work fine, but I never bothered to try to get rid of it.