August 2015 Moms
Options

Need help ASAP

So I missed two feedings this morning because I went to an early event (baby had pumped milk with hubs). I should have brought my pump but I didn't think I would be gone that long. Now I'm in a lot of pain and I'm trying to pump but let down is just not happening. I pumped for 20 mins and I would usually get 2-3oz I didn't even get 1oz.... What can I do?! It hurts so bad and I'm worried something is wrong.

Re: Need help ASAP

• Options
    Hot pack or shower, gentle hand massage?
  • Options
    Put baby on one boob and pump the other!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just took a warm shower while hand expressing. Hopefully that helped, put LO to the boob.
  • Options
    Just keep at it, sometimes with extreme engorgement, it takes multiple times to finally get a big milk release. Massage while pumping, warm compress, and keep pumping (I would do every 2 hours until they soften and go back to normal). Hope it eases up soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Phew! I was going to say the only I can get rid of blocked ducts is to get baby on the boob, sometimes it takes two consecutive feedings to fully release the blockage. It's good to have the option of at least occasionally breastfeeding otherwise I'm not sure what I would do!
  • Options
    Phew! I was going to say the only I can get rid of blocked ducts is to get baby on the boob, sometimes it takes two consecutive feedings to fully release the blockage. It's good to have the option of at least occasionally breastfeeding otherwise I'm not sure what I would do!

I was really nervous there for a few hours. I had quite a few pea sized bumps and it hurt so bad. It took three feedings but right when I thought I may have to call the doc I felt it release :). Been thanking my LO over and over lol.