September 2015 Moms
Options

Best Baby Movement Monitor?

I'm considering getting a baby movement monitor (that monitors baby's breathing) for when baby is sleeping. I've looked at the Snuza that attaches directly to baby's diaper and at AngelCare that has a pad that goes in the crib.

If you have a baby movement monitor, which one do you have and would you recommend it? Right now baby sleeps in the pack n play next to our bed and in his crib for naps, then will be moving to his crib in the nursery overnight at 6 months.

Thanks for your input!

Re: Best Baby Movement Monitor?

• Options
    Angelcare definitely. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't have this monitor! I used it with my first born son and plan to use it again for my daughter when she makes her appearance.:/
  • Options
    We use the Snuza. I love it so far. It went off when i was feeding him and his back was arched. The sensor wasn't on his belly and it let me know. So I feel like it would work really well in case of emergency. He's in his nursery but the monitor picks up and alarm from there Snuza very easily.

Only issue is we have a boy and the clip for the device is very close to his penis so I have to be careful when putting it on the diaper and taking it off. I'd hate to snag his junk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Snuza Hero and LOVE it! It is such peace of mind. Like pp, I also have a boy and have to be careful of not snagging his bits when putting it on.

Can't recommend it enough, before I had it I barely slept, I was so anxious about his breathing.
  • Options
    I have my Snuza ready to go, but my LO is only 3 days, and still has his umbilical stump. How are you all clipping the Snuza on without disturbing it or did you wIt for the cord to fall off??
  • Options
    After the cord fell off... Hopefully yours will fall off quick so you can relax and use the Snuza :)
  • Options
    Thank you!! I can't wait!
  • Options
    Thank you! Where is the on/off switch on the Snuza? Is it easily accessible once on the baby or do you have to turn it on before putting it on the baby? I'm wondering because I feed baby before putting him to bed and would like to have the device on him already when feeding but wouldn't need to turn it on until I put him in his bed (and would want to turn it on without disturbing him).
  • Options
    There's a button on each side. So to turn it on, push in the left one and to turn it off you push in both at the same time. So you could put it on the diaper and then push the on button thru clothes pretty easily once you are ready to put your LO down. It makes a beeping noise but it doesn't seem to upset our little man.
  • Options

There's a button on each side. So to turn it on, push in the left one and to turn it off you push in both at the same time. So you could put it on the diaper and then push the on button thru clothes pretty easily once you are ready to put your LO down. It makes a beeping noise but it doesn't seem to upset our little man.

Awesome! Thank you!
  • Options
    We have one that went under the mattress. It was awful. It went off all the time bc baby moved to a different part of the bed. We ended up returning it.
  • Options
    I bought a Snuza Hero yesterday and last night was the first time I used it. I think I slept better last night than I have in the 2 weeks since we brought LO home!  The hardest part for me was remembering to turn it off and back on when we did nighttime diaper changes (apparently the Snuza doesn't completely alleviate sleep deprivation! ;) ).  I think it's the best investment ever!   I opted for the Snuza over other models/brands because it's portable (so it can go with her to daycare in a few weeks when I go back to work) and there's no cords!
  • Options
    We have a snuza that I used for my daughter. I put a little piece of Velcro underneath the clip so it stays in place much better once they start moving around. I haven't used it for this little guy yet but im sure I will be soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a snuza that I used for my daughter. I put a little piece of Velcro underneath the clip so it stays in place much better once they start moving around. I haven't used it for this little guy yet but im sure I will be soon.

Did you put the Velcro on the inside of the clip, so the part that touches the inside of the diaper? Do you have a pic? That's a great idea! I have a wiggly little guy lol.
  • Options
    Thanks all! Just ordered my Snuza today and can't wait to try it out! :) I'm tired of shining my cell phone onto him at night so I can see him breathing!