1st Trimester
Options

Moving at 12 weeks 5 days?

Hello everyone, would like some help this is my first baby but today I have been feeling flutters and a like knock feeling. Could someone tell me if this is the baby or if it's gas? It does feel like it's from my uterus

Re: Moving at 12 weeks 5 days?

• Options
    It's unlikely to be the baby, so either gas or your internal organs shifting or your uterus growing. If you do a search on this subject you will find literally hundreds of similar posts that will point you in the right direction.
  • Options
    I'm going with gas.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am going with gas.

I am also calling BS on being able to "feel" your baby at 8 weeks.  The baby is roughly 0.04 ounces at 8 weeks.  I don't care how in tune with your body you are, you are not feeling baby.

• Options
    If you are very in tune with your body, it is of course possible to feel your baby this early. People who say you can't aren't as in tune and haven't learned to filter out the "distractions" that surround them. Congrats!!!!
    No, you really can't. Especially with your first baby. Sometimes I feel what feels like a baby kicking. And then I remember I'm not KU and that it must be gas.

• Options
    @sorarose after a little more digging, I am pretty sure LieLuvLaf is just an AE messing around.  There have been quite a few other comical posts which are great reads for a Friday :)
  • Options
    Jules08 said:
    @sorarose after a little more digging, I am pretty sure LieLuvLaf is just an AE messing around.  There have been quite a few other comical posts which are great reads for a Friday :)
    After I went on a couple more threads she happened to be on, I saw that as well. Thanks! 

• Options
    Jules08 said:

I am going with gas.

I am also calling BS on being able to "feel" your baby at 8 weeks.  The baby is roughly 0.04 ounces at 8 weeks.  I don't care how in tune with your body you are, you are not feeling baby.

Yup. I agree.

With my first viable pregnancy I didn't feel flutters until 16-18 weeks. It felt like small brushes or butterflies brushing against my insides. A little different than the bubbly has feeling. Also, movement (at least in my experience) tends to feel "higher" than gas movement.

With my second viable pregnancy I started feeling movement at 15 weeks, but at 12 baby is still very small & unable to make itself known.

Consistent movement (predictable patterns) aren't even expected until after 28 weeks. So, it will happen but you just have to be patient.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    gypsyogypsyo member
    edited September 2015
    Where did you feel your movement? Like location wise
  • Options
    thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited September 2015
    gypsyo said:

Hello everyone, would like some help this is my first baby but today I have been feeling flutters and a like knock feeling. Could someone tell me if this is the baby or if it's gas? It does feel like it's from my uterus

I'm at similar gestational age and have had a few feelings in the uterus too. But I had an ultrasound lSt week and saw the baby moving, and when he/she moved I felt absolutely nothing. The movements are cushioned by the amniotic fluid. So I figured what I have been feeling is not baby, likely just the uterus growing.