November 2015 Moms
Options

Prayers please!

happylife7happylife7 member
edited September 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Went for my 34 week appointment and I'm only measuring 31 weeks. Midwife isn't worried yet but wants to see me back in a week instead of 2 and if I'm still measuring behind, wants to do an u/s to check my amnio fluid and baby size. My DH is leaving the morning of my appointment to travel 12+ hours away to his best friends wedding with his family (I can't attend due to the far distance) so I am going to the appointment with my mom and best friend. If there is anything of concern, DH has told me already he is turning the car around or getting to the first airport that he can but I'm just worried! Trying to trust God and believe all is well but I can't help but worry and think about it 24/7. A local pregnant Momma I know had the same issue at 37 weeks and they found baby stopped growing at 34 weeks so they delivered and thankfully baby is well and already home after just a short NICU stay.
Please keep us in your prayers!

ETA: I originally posted about SAM's Club membership and realized there was already a post so I changed this one instead of creating a second post.
Married: 6.28.14
TTC #1: 2.1.15
BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prayers please!

• Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Prayers are definitely with you, I hope everything is okay!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope everything is ok! Was that the fundal height measurement? That can be off based on baby's position. Sounds like you have a good plan. Keep us updated. Hopefully baby was just chillin towards your back.
  • Options
    Thank you! Yes, this was fundal. I have usually measured a week and a half to 2 weeks behind but after trying to reposition baby, make sure I'm laying flat, and waiting for a BH to pass, I was still measuring at 31. Baby is head down so it could be possible that is the reason it is a little more off that usual. My biggest concern is that my fluid level is good. Her movement is great which midwife said is a good indicator that she is doing fine. Just wish Hubby could make this appointment!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Prayers out to you and that baby
  • Options
    chein1chein1 member
    edited September 2015
    Please try not to worry. With DD1 I stopped measuring passed 36 weeks (fundal height). She was born 2 days before her due date and ended up weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce. I'm pregnant with DD2 and am currently only measuring at 29 weeks but I'm 34 weeks. I've also been diagnosed with GD so I have biweekly ultrasounds and DD2 is perfect and consistently in the 23rd percentile...she's just tiny. My OB said fundal height could also be skewed if baby is head down and really low in your pelvis. My point is try not to worry about babe...more than likely everything is just fine :)
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your little one.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers with you and little one!
  • Options
    Praying for you and your lo, and sending you strength so you can try not to worry too much!!! :)
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your LO. Could you get into your apt the day before? So your husband can come with you?
  • Options
    I had a friend who was induced early because they thought her LO had stopped growing, and she ended up being a pound bigger than they'd measured and perfectly healthy. She's still just a tiny kid.

Fingers crossed for you that news from your ultrasound is good!
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you. My friend was measuring behind and was sent for scans. She was predicted a 5lbs something baby and Mollie was born full term at 6lbs 6oz. Good luck but I'm sure everything will be fine for you.
  • Options
    It sounds like your MW is on top of things. Think of you thisnweek, I'm sure the waiting game will be the worst part. Hopefully it is just the way LO is laying.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers! Healthy movement is a good sign!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    Thinking of you !!!

This is my third pregnancy and with both my two boys I measured 2 weeks behind and never measured above 36 weeks . I delivered both Boys via inducement at 41 weeks . They were small 6.3 and then 6.14 but nothing was wrong .

With Anna I have been measuring 2-4 weeks behind . I have had multiple ultrasounds , one just over week ago and she is in the 50 percentile , she is just a small gal .

Sometimes baby is just small or sometimes its position of baby .

Try not to worry !!! Prayers

• Options
    Thinking of you!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Options
    Praying for you and your little one.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers your way!!!
  • Options
    I'm currently going through the same thing. At my OB appointment on Fri. I was measuring 29 weeks 6 days when I was 31 weeks and 6 days. The baby was head down this time (she was lying sideways last time) so my OB said that could be why she is measuring so far off. If she isn't caught up or showing growth at my next appointment my OB is ordering a growth scan. It's scary but she kicks like crazy so I'm hoping it is just due to her changing positions. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Good luck! Prayers your way :)
  • Options
    Looking forward to your update on Thursday. I'm sure everything is OK!! T&P! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Praying, praying, praying!!!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and the little one!

• Options
    Good luck to you and your little one! 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Currently going through the same thing....went to my 32 week appointment today and had a growth scan due to being on blood pressure medication. She has always measured big by at least a couple of days. My sweet girl was only measuring 29 weeks 6 days and my fluid was low. The doctor didn't seem too concerned but did want to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see where we are....it's gonna be a long 2 weeks. Trying to be positive and not worry.
  • Options
    Currently going through the same thing....went to my 32 week appointment today and had a growth scan due to being on blood pressure medication. She has always measured big by at least a couple of days. My sweet girl was only measuring 29 weeks 6 days and my fluid was low. The doctor didn't seem too concerned but did want to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see where we are....it's gonna be a long 2 weeks. Trying to be positive and not worry.
    Praying that all will be well for you in 2 weeks. My anatomy scan was done so early (15 weeks) and I haven't had an U/S since then so part of me is hoping that regardless of what my fundal height is, my midwife will order a scan but the other part of me was hoping I didn't need one in 3rd tri because were so close to meeting our baby girl that I didn't want a "preview" of what she might look like. Please update me on how your appointment goes in 2 weeks if you remember. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for good news :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! Glad you got some good news & your doc is keeping a close eye on your BP. Best of luck!

@calexander331 Hope everything is OK with your LO, too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Praying for good news and good news only. Just remember to watch your food and liquid intake to make sure everything else will go smoothly. Take plenty of rests when necessary, and most importantly, breathe, relax