School-Aged Children

Saying Hello...and I'm back!

Hello ladies! 

I have a 5-year-old daughter and just found out we are pregnant with #2 (Due May 2016)!  DD just started Kindergarten in September and seems to be loving it so far.  I was really happy to find this board.  Seems like there are some really good topics and a lot of helpful advice!  Its a little strange to be back on TB.  I haven't been active on the boards for probably 3 years.  Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Saying Hello...and I'm back!

• Hi there!

Welcome back to TB.  This board has been a little slower than usual over the summer.  There was recently a big spat between the admins and the volunteer mods, and it caused a mass exodus of former mods and active posters, some of whom were regulars on this board.

I and a few others have been hanging around, keeping an eye on things here over the summer, hoping that we get some new people to form a bit of a community on this board again.

I've been on TB regularly for about 8 years, since my son was in preschool.  He's in 5th grade now!  I can't believe I'm experiencing my last year of elementary school!  And my daughter, who is in 10th grade, is starting to think about college. Yikes!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Hi. I'm Courtney. I'm pregnant with my fourth baby and due February 8th. My son is 6.5 and is in first grade. My daughters are 4.5 and youngest turning 3 in Nov. My eldest daughter will start kinder next August. Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi- I'm Liz. 34 preggo with number 2 for me, number 4 for my husband. Kids are 21, 18, 4 (almost 5) & due in December. Enjoying the boards at TB.
    Almost all kids live with us - the 21 yr old moved out last year. My first child was the result of ivf, this baby was a pleasant surprise so I'm all over several boards- lol.
    Anyway - nice to "meet" you!