1st Trimester
Options

Bleeding at 6 weeks

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and haven't been to my first appt yet(not until Oct 14th) and I'm bleeding a pretty good amount where I need to wear a pad. What does this mean? Should I go to the er?? My doctors office isn't open until Monday and its Friday :( suggestions ??!!

Re: Bleeding at 6 weeks

• Options
    Call your dr's after-hours number. I'm no doctor but from best to worst I've seen: "the bleeder" a mom who bled heavily -with no explanation- through four healthy pregnancies; folks with SCH that bleed the 1st tri -sometimes gushing- and continue well, albeit some don't; and then m/c when bleeding is with heavy cramping. I think an ER visit would merely provide information, not necessarily suggest action (unless an unlikely condition is diagnosed).

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited September 2015
    If it were me, I'd want medical attention right away.
    ETA good luck

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with calling the after hours, it could be nothing, but better to be safe than sorry! I absolutely agree with @sharonb222 , the ER may not be able to provide answers, as well as the after-hours nurses or on call could. 

Good luck!
    a.26
    j.27

haylee.mckenzie.addison.brayden.