Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulating and extremly dizzy!

I'm literally sitting here trying to relax and I feel like I'm sitting on top of one of those spin top things I had as a kid. Hahaha

This is my first time ovulating since I came off my BC 2 weeks ago. I haven't had a period yet but did have symptoms last week, I actually haven't had one in almost 4 years. I figured my period would come first, but obviously not.

I was standing in Target when I all of a sudden felt extremely heavy and felt as if I was going to pass out. I have slightly low blood sugar issues and I'm a little anemic, so I figured it was that. I ate and got some OJ in me, which always works, but it didn't change to much. I then went to the bathroom and realized my CM changed and put 2 & 2 together!!

I have been dizzy before in the past while ovulating, but not like this!

Anyone have this symptom? And what helped you to make it calm down?

MC-D&C 09' @ 14w (monosomy)

divorce 12'

<3<3<3

BF&ME:34

TTC

Re: Ovulating and extremly dizzy!

• I'm literally sitting here trying to relax and I feel like I'm sitting on top of one of those spin top things I had as a kid. Hahaha

This is my first time ovulating since I came off my BC 2 weeks ago. I haven't had a period yet but did have symptoms last week, I actually haven't had one in almost 4 years. I figured my period would come first, but obviously not.

I was standing in Target when I all of a sudden felt extremely heavy and felt as if I was going to pass out. I have slightly low blood sugar issues and I'm a little anemic, so I figured it was that. I ate and got some OJ in me, which always works, but it didn't change to much. I then went to the bathroom and realized my CM changed and put 2 & 2 together!!

I have been dizzy before in the past while ovulating, but not like this!

Anyone have this symptom? And what helped you to make it calm down?

You can't tell that you are ovulating from cm alone. Honestly I wouldn't jump to ovulation as the reason for your dizziness since you have a history of things that can cause it. Ockham's razor and all that. Sit, drink some water and have something to eat. Otherwise you'd need to speak to a doctor if it doesn't go away.

• Your CM changing doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating at this very moment, it's just an indicator that ovulation might be happening soon. It could be days or weeks away. So, like PP said, don't jump to conclusions. 

If you're that dizzy, I would rest, drink lots of fluids, and contact a doctor if it keeps happening. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah unless you are temping there is no way to confirm ovulation although you could speculate that it's occurring. This sounds like it is warranting a more serious response then just writing it off as an ovulation symptom. I know you said that you experienced this on BC but I can't imagine that would intensify just because you are off of it. I would check with your doctor to be safe.
  • italianluv13italianluv13 member
    edited September 2015

Thank you ladies.....

It's been 4 years since I've actually done the temping and charting... I feel like I'm learning my body all over again. Haha... :(

I've been having pains in my left ovary all day, so I know something is going on. It's kinda weird but I can honestly say I've missed those ovary pains. I know its going to take a bit to get my body back to ahhh "my normal" again. Whatever that is?

I'll just be happy when this dizziness goes away... It's already caused me to miss my hockey game! Grrr....  >:P

MC-D&C 09' @ 14w (monosomy)

divorce 12'

<3<3<3

BF&ME:34

TTC

• Unfortunately there are hundreds of things out there that cause dizziness. So I wouldn't assume it means you're ovulating. But like the other ladies on here said, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. I, too, experience dizziness almost on a daily basis along with vertigo from time to time. My doctor hasn't figured out why yet, but I was told almost anything could cause it from a hormonal imbalance, to blood sugar, blood pressure, anxiety and tons of other ailments.
    Since hormone fluctuations can also cause dizziness, maybe ovulation does cause dizziness as a symptom for you. But just to be safe I would go to a doctor just to make sure everything is OK.
  • @JournoGrl23

Unfortunately there are hundreds of things out there that cause dizziness. So I wouldn't assume it means you're ovulating. But like the other ladies on here said, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. I, too, experience dizziness almost on a daily basis along with vertigo from time to time. My doctor hasn't figured out why yet, but I was told almost anything could cause it from a hormonal imbalance, to blood sugar, blood pressure, anxiety and tons of other ailments.
    Since hormone fluctuations can also cause dizziness, maybe ovulation does cause dizziness as a symptom for you. But just to be safe I would go to a doctor just to make sure everything is OK.

What is the difference between dizziness and vertigo? You experience dizziness along with vertigo? Aren't those terms synonyms?
  • First month off BCPs I was dizzy/faint constantly. It got really bad and lasted into the second cycle. Only suggestion is stay hydrated and drink very cold water.
  • I've actually had the opposite experience from several PPs - I was more dizzy at various points of my cycle while taking BCPs than off of it. I've been dizzy a few times in the 8 months since I stopped taking BCPs, but I wasn't temping until this cycle, so I have no idea if it occurred around ovulation or not. 

Not trying to hijack this thread, but @jhems776, you mentioned drinking very cold water. I've always heard that staying hydrated helps, but what does the temperature of the water do? 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @JournoGrl23

Unfortunately there are hundreds of things out there that cause dizziness. So I wouldn't assume it means you're ovulating. But like the other ladies on here said, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. I, too, experience dizziness almost on a daily basis along with vertigo from time to time. My doctor hasn't figured out why yet, but I was told almost anything could cause it from a hormonal imbalance, to blood sugar, blood pressure, anxiety and tons of other ailments.

What is the difference between dizziness and vertigo? You experience dizziness along with vertigo? Aren't those terms synonyms?
    Dizziness is feeling light headed, like you're moving. Vertigo is the feeling/visual that things around you are spinning. I've had dizziness many times for a number of reasons, but had vertigo when I had an inner ear issue. I literally sat still and stared at the lamp, and it looked like it (and everything around it) was wildly spinning around and around. It's debilitating.

OP: I know dizziness can be related to blood pressure, anemia, etc., but I've never heard of vertigo as a symptom of that. Vertigo is almost exclusively caused by inner ear problems, which can be triggered by all sorts of things (virus, bacteria, anxiety, injury, etc). And I haven't heard of either as related to ovulation.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• @jennifer0428 It's like what @letyourheartbeyourguide said. I have dizziness almost all the time and am still able to do my day to day activities. I just feel kind of light headed. 

I've only had vertigo a couple times, but both times the entire room was moving and I felt like I was having trouble staying conscious. It made me vomit until it stopped after a couple hours. The best way I can describe vertigo is it's like being drunk (if you've ever been that drunk). It's like having the spins but worse.