Babies on the Brain

Going off BCP!

Which is exciting and scary. We finally found a prenatal that worked, and a doula (who lives in my neighborhood!) so the very real chance of a home birth is less scary now. (It's over an hour to a hospital.) We figured we would enter the realm of NTNP, and see where it leads. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer, so sooner is better ... but I'd like to not feel forced about the whole matter, so we decided to give it a bit before trying temping ect. We are moving the pace up a bit on TTC because of the situation.

My husband is thrilled about the new timeline (though sad about the cause), I am ... adjusting. Ideally - I'd like to actively start trying around Christmas, hoping to conceive next spring, but that few months may be a big difference in my mom getting to meet / know her grand baby. And I may still be in here next spring, you never know.  Either way - Here we go!  We're as ready as anyone ever is I suppose!

I've been on a period skipping pill for 12 years. This should be ... interesting sorting itself out.

Re: Going off BCP!

• Sounds like you & I are in a similar timing situation - though I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. I'm going off BCP in two days to start NTNP as well, with idea of starting to actively TTC within a few months. I have started temping, but not even trying to schedule sex, just mostly to start having a feel for my cycle (even though it's artificial still), so I can hopefully expect AFs arrival. I've also been on pill for 12 years, though only some of the time was it period skipping. GL, best wishes, and lots of thoughts/prayers/etc for your mom as well!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sending you and your family light and good thoughts.

So excited for you to go off of BCP! Wish you all the best with TTC!
  • Loading the player...
  • allisun29 said:

Which is exciting and scary. We finally found a prenatal that worked, and a doula (who lives in my neighborhood!) so the very real chance of a home birth is less scary now. (It's over an hour to a hospital.) We figured we would enter the realm of NTNP, and see where it leads. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer, so sooner is better ... but I'd like to not feel forced about the whole matter, so we decided to give it a bit before trying temping ect. We are moving the pace up a bit on TTC because of the situation.

My husband is thrilled about the new timeline (though sad about the cause), I am ... adjusting. Ideally - I'd like to actively start trying around Christmas, hoping to conceive next spring, but that few months may be a big difference in my mom getting to meet / know her grand baby. And I may still be in here next spring, you never know.  Either way - Here we go!  We're as ready as anyone ever is I suppose!

I've been on a period skipping pill for 12 years. This should be ... interesting sorting itself out.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. *hugs*

That is very exciting that you are going off of BCP!! I wish you and your H the best of luck with TTC!!

• Congratulations! When my husband and I were trying to conceive our first we didn't temp or chart either. We didn't want the added stress. I think it made the process more enjoyable because it just happened naturally. I hope you have a wonderful and short TTC journey. Don't worry about the timeline being a little different than you originally wanted. You can never be completely prepared. :)

• ska8471ska8471 member
    edited September 2015
    Sorry to hear about your mom :( I can't imagine what you must feel. I wish you guys luck on your TTC journey though!

If you plan to temp eventually, I do want to recommend that you start temping earlier because then when you do want to officially try, you'll have a better understanding of your cycle and be well practiced at the whole process. My first chart was a mess as were my first few cycles after 10 years of BCP and I'm glad that I've sorted it all out before we start trying next cycle.

Just suggestion of course, based on my experiences, so I won't be offended if others don't agree/you don't want to bother with it with so much else going on! To each their own :)
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Getting off BCP makes it so real and is a really exciting step! I just stopped mine last month and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had worried about it being. My period was a little heavier but no crazy symptoms and my cycle returned very normally. Good luck!
  • sb122007 said:
    Sorry to hear about your mom :( I can't imagine what you must feel. I wish you guys luck on your TTC journey though! If you plan to temp eventually, I do want to recommend that you start temping earlier because then when you do want to officially try, you'll have a better understanding of your cycle and be well practiced at the whole process. My first chart was a mess as were my first few cycles after 10 years of BCP and I'm glad that I've sorted it all out before we start trying next cycle. Just suggestion of course, based on my experiences, so I won't be offended if others don't agree/you don't want to bother with it with so much else going on! To each their own :)

Thanks for the tip! I have no idea what that all entails to be completely honest, so if we go that route... I'll pepper you all with questions! ;)

• Sorry to hear about you mother! I'll keep her in my prayers and send good vibes both of your ways! Good luck on TTC!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 8/15 
    MC - 9/15
    ~~~~
    BFP #2 4/24/17
    EDD: 11/2/17