High-Risk Pregnancy

C-section or natural

edited September 2015 in High-Risk Pregnancy
I have to have my daughter within my 39th week , but if i go into natural labor before then i can have her natural or i have to have a c-section before my week is over! Thoughts on if i should be safe and pick one?

Re: C-section or natural

• I didn't want a c-section, but it's completely up to you!
  • I would go natural because the recovery is easier on you. A c-section is a major surgery.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a c-section with my son , but since it will only be 11 months aince my last one im scared the healing process will be a little longer .
  • I'm in the same boat too... FTM and I want a csection! It's not as crazy an idea as some people think.
  • My sister had a c-section and said that her recovery sucked, but I just had a vaginal birth on Saturday and I still can't sit! Granted they said that I had more swelling than normal, but I'm not sure that I'd choose this again if I had a choice...
  • My sister had a c-section and said that her recovery sucked, but I just had a vaginal birth on Saturday and I still can't sit! Granted they said that I had more swelling than normal, but I'm not sure that I'd choose this again if I had a choice...

I loved having a c-section but i hated not being able to see the baby right away .
  • All I saw at first was them sewing me up. I had a "sheet" up, too.
  • Here's my experience. I had an induction/vaginal birth with dd1 and a c/s with dd2 (breech). Based on my experiences I hope to have a VBAC.

With my vaginal delivery I was a bit sore for a few days after delivery, but generally felt pretty good. Granted I had little tearing and a pretty easy birth. The actual induction/labor was hard, and my Epidural wasn't the magic pain eraser I hoped it would be, but the birth and recovery was great.

After the c/s I was either in miserable pain or half asleep from the pain meds for the first three days. I had terrible gas pain in my back and shoulder. It was hard for me to breastfeed because I couldn't position the baby well without pain. For about 2 weeks after I was pretty sore. Luckily my incision healed well with no infection, but I've had issues with scar tissue that caused lingering pain for more than a year after the sugery. I had to go to pt to help resolve it.

Both are viable options. However, for me, the induction/vag birth was the better experience/recovery.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• I was induced due to being a diabetic (I will always be induced). I ultimately had a c section. I have no complaints about mine. No bad recovery other than trying to to do much when my body wasn't ready (which was my fault). I would just speak with your doctor and weigh the pros and cons of each. I had my daughter within 30-45 minutes after my c section. 
    On a personal note, I was relieved when my doctor said it was time for the c section. I was so well prepared for that versus a vaginal delivery. 
  • Had a csection with my first and will do the same with my second. No lie it's painful but IMO the safest route for baby. My DD had her cord around her neck twice and we had no idea until the dr pulled her out. Scary to think of what would've happened if we did a vaginal. To each his own but for us we choose a csection.