Trouble TTC

When's OVULATION after 41 day cycle...MC Mentioned

kmartinez209kmartinez209 member
edited September 2015 in Trouble TTC
I had my AF on 8/1/15 and then had confirmed BFP on 8/29/15, I MC'ed at around 6 weeks and AF came back on 9/12/15, I counted 43 days between but an ovulation calculator gave me a 41 day cycle, so with either the 43 or 41 day cycle time, do any of you ladies know when I could possibly ovulate again and I've heard over the years it's very easy to become pregnant again after being pregnant so I'd like to try again and see if I could possibly become pregnant again....thank you ladies in advance for all your support and advise, im going to post this on a few areas because I'm not sure where it fits best so im sorry in advance for the RP story if you ready it again.... Thank you again XoXo

Re: When's OVULATION after 41 day cycle...MC Mentioned

• GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited September 2015
    I so sorry for your loss.    That could not have been easy for you.   

Do you have an infertility diagnosis?  Every mc is different and your ovulation will happen when your body is ready.   And throw away the 'ovulation calculator' if you're not temping or using OPKs with it.  Those things are junk science, basically 'ovulation horoscopes' that use averages and have nothing to do what is actually happening to your body.   If you're not temping and/or doing OPKs with the app, then you're wasting your time.

Could you do us a quick favor and add "MC mentioned" to the title of your post?  We would really appreciate it.   I hope that you're okay.   You might want to check with your doc to see when it's safe to TTC again.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, buy a BBT thermometer (mabis is a good brand) and read this: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12613283/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first#latest
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • @GoldenKeys Thank you for your advice, I was temping before we were diagnosed with MF infertility then I stopped doing all that and we met with our RE, I've had one fresh and one FET and from my FET my MC happened so I was thinking since they say you can get a BFP after being pregnant id try on my own without my RE's help we don't have another FET until 12/2015.... Do you think it's too late to temp and OPK, AF came 9/12/15 and I haven't temped because my husband has been in the hospital he's going through surgery this morning, :( I did buy OPK's so I have them ready im just trying to figure out when would be a good time to start checking the temping was hard for me I never really understood it, seemed like I never did it right... I did use OPK before AND around the time I saw CM it showed up but it was faint so I was a little confused I guess it's suppose to be darker then the control line? Thank you in advance for all your help XoXo
  • T&P for your husband.     I really think that you should talk to your doctor.  I wasn't cleared to TTC again until I had 3 "normal" cycles after my mc.  I think if it's a CP my RE will allow you to try right away but not at 6 weeks.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc