You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party! — The Bump
Baby Showers

You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

bumptarabumptara
Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
admin
edited September 2015 in Baby Showers
You’re invited!

We’re throwing a Baby Registry Party right here in the Bump Community, brought to you by Babies”R”Us! 

It all happens on Friday, September 25th, on the Baby Showers board from 12-1PM EST, right on this thread! 

This party will celebrate you, your baby, and (of course) your registry. We want to hear all about it! We’ll feature registry-related topics over the course of this chat so you can mix, mingle, and discuss with our Bump Editor who will be hosting the baby bash and sharing expert opinions on all things registry. Plus, find out what other members have on their minds about their registries.

It’s not a party without goodies! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will win a Levana Ovia PTZ Video Baby Monitor with SD recording! All you have to do is join in on the discussion to be entered for a chance to win.

So be sure to join us on Friday, 9/25, at 12PM EST when this thread will open and the party will begin! 

No purchase necessary. See official rules.
gemmajmSMR2007AdorkablePixie

Re: You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

• bumptarabumptara
    admin
    edited September 2015
    Welcome Bumpies!

We're so excited to have you celebrating with us here at our Baby Registry Party, brought to you by Babies"R"Us! 

Remember, by joining in on the discussion, you're entered for a chance to win! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will win a Levana Ovia PTZ Video Baby Monitor with SD recording.

@BumpCaitlin and I will be on hand to help with any tech issues during the chat. Just tag or PM one of us and we'll be able to help you. 

Let's get the party started - and start chatting! 

Every 15 minutes throughout this hour, I'll be posting a new topic for you all to discuss. Plus, our own @BumpEditor is here to share expert tips and opinions! 

Our first topic is:
    How far along in your pregnancy did you begin creating your registry?
  • I haven't yet started my registry because I am only 5w4d and we don't yet know how many we are having, or what sex.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Lets get this baby shower started.
  • Hello everyone and congrats! We are 18 weeks tomorrow and we just started a registry for our girl
    hoover32
  • I usually wait until I find out the gender so I can add specific things to my registery such as colors.. :) but you can start really anytime you want to! Add the basic things first, such as bottles, binkys, diaper bag, strollers, etc.
    thrilledmommy2be
  • I waited well into the second trimester, 17-18 weeks before I started a registry as I wanted to have some time to start feeling better and get my feet wet to get excited as well as having my first ultrasound under my belt.
  • @hoover32 Same here, I want to wait until we know the sex.

@mamacastro Congrats on the girl! :) I can't wait to start my registry.

mamacastrohoover32
  • I created my registry at babies r us about a month ago, so around 22 weeks. I didn't start my registry at target until last week, that is due to my friend wanting to host me a baby shower before I move out of state. It's this evening ^_^
    AdorkablePixie
  • robinj716robinj716
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    I started one at 8 weeks, but I only added diapers and wipes. I am now 21 weeks and still have yet to finish one! That's my goal for next week!
    hoover32
  • We started our registry right after our 20 week ultrasound after finding out we were having a boy! It worked great to start it then because I wanted to buy everything boy I saw so instead we started our registry! (And bought some stuff too... we couldn't resist!)
  • Haven't started yet- 12 weeks
  • Me either! I find out in 3 weeks! What about you?
  • 4 months!!
  • I have an Internet family so I have created one on walmart.com and amazon!
  • I started my registry after our 20 week anatomy ultrasound when we found out we were having a boy! Things started to get more real then. But we've been continuing to adjust it throughout the pregnancy.
  • Hey all! While it's totally your call, we recommend getting your registry started after the 12 week mark. But if you're finding out gender and want to plan around that, waiting until after that second trimester ultrasound is perfect. 
    thrilledmommy2beAdorkablePixie
  • Im 12 weeks, havent started my registry yet, i think ill wait till at least after my next dr appointment in 3 weeks. I plan to ask some of my experiened mom friends what brands/styles of items they liked best so i have some good ideas what i might want
  • I'm 20 weeks and I haven't started yet. We are waiting until after tomorrow to find out the sex. We will probably start next week!
  • I have started researching though!  This is my first and I do not know the first thing about baby strollers/ care seats etc.  I think it will take me awhile to fully research all of the options. 
    AdorkablePixie
  • I started mine early mostly with items i wanted to buy myself for the nursery decor but i've added some other things along the way.

• I guess adding non-gender specific items to the registry around 12 weeks is a good idea. I'm just so scared of all the possibilities, I want to wait. Plus, it's not like my shower will be that early on so no one will be buying for us yet anyway! :)

• I think maybe around 20 weeks? It was so overwhelming. I'm so glad that I gave myself plenty of time.
    PreggoInTheCity
  • @tml1234 you are in the right place! Check out this top 10 stroller guide -- it's brand new. http://www.thebump.com/a/best-strollers
    AdorkablePixiemamacastrohoover32
  • I am 7 weeks 6 days had an ultrasound yesterday and my first appointment. We are so excited and blessed!!
    thrilledmommy2bemamacastroPreggoInTheCity
  • @Ancheta3 woohoo! Let the games begin. (Seriously, though, if she needs last minute game ideas, we have em.)
    Ancheta3
  • @tml1234 I am right there with you! I have a lot of baby items I will need to research to make sure we get the best we can get.

• We started around 18/19 weeks (25 tomorrow). I found that going to BRU and scanning a little at a time made it a little less overwhelming.
  • I haven't created one yet, as I'm only 13 weeks haha :)

My question for all you seasoned mama's: did you find it more beneficial to overload your registry with items? Or did you limit it to the bare essentials?

• I think we will start after we find out the sex of the baby. Im only 7 weeks and 6 days. But that has not stopped us from already visiting the store multiple times and purchasing a few gender neutral small items. We are trying to be good but we are so excited, we can't wait.

PreggoInTheCityfrasch21
  • You guys have probably seen it, but we created the Best of Baby 2015 guide to break down our top-rated gear category by category. So when you're researching what you want, this is a great place to start. 

thrilledmommy2behoover32mamacastrofrasch21
  • @tml1234 it really depends on what you want to do! My first pregnancy I bought a travel system and I LOVE it! Although, now that my boy has grown out of his first car seat, I have to purchase a 4ever car seat. Although expensive it really seems worth it! I do suggest getting a stroller with rubber (bike like) wheels. Going through gravel and grass is so smooth! ;)
    AdorkablePixie
  • bumptarabumptara
    admin
    edited September 2015
    Everyone's registry plans sound so exciting!!

Okay, let's move on to our second topic:

What items do you want the most from your registry?
    hoover32
  • I haven't created one yet, as I'm only 13 weeks haha :)

My question for all you seasoned mama's: did you find it more beneficial to overload your registry with items? Or did you limit it to the bare essentials?

We had our DS before and have all boy stuff so while we will be recycling some of that stuff like the play yard, bouncer etc our DD will still need girl stuff so the other things like clothes etc we loaded onto the registry
  • I also used a fair amount of checklists between here at the bump and within my books to make sure I had either bought or registered for the must haves.Due to my shower coming a bit later (its this Sunday at 35 weeks for me) we have the crucials pre bought already for just in case LO wanted to make an appearance.