March 2015 Moms

Mommy guilt

I'm a first time mom and have my own business so I have to work 6-7 days straight and have long hours. I feel so guilty about the hours and time I don't get to be with my son. Any advice on how to not have break downs and be upset about feeling left out. We're very lucky and have dad or grandma watching him. But just feel like I don't get to be part of life as much as I'd like.

Re: Mommy guilt

• Can you make mornings mum time? Might be easier than evenings when you are probably both tired from a full day.

Also, my hubby comes home for lunch every day hoping our bub is awake- so most days they see each other and have lunch time to chat.

I'm sure the guilt sucks, but if you are feeling that, I think it means you care a great deal- that is the main ingredient to finding a solution.

Best of luck :)
  • I'm guessing you have a business to help provide for your family. Remember that. When my sister had my niece, someone told her she should stay at home. She replied that she wanted to be able to buy her child everything she needed without worrying if there was enough money in the account all the time. You want to get your son all the important things like diapers and clothes. 
    I have a "date night" with each of my boys once a month. It's our time to just be together without dad or their brothers. It's usually nothing fancy: going to the park, going to the library... Their dad has one on one time too. It gives you some special time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with both PP's. You're helping provide for your child so your LO lives a comfortable life! There will be so many moments in his life that you'll be able to be there for that he'll remember. I know it must be hard now, but remind yourself who you're doing this for! And like PP said, maybe you can make a certain time of the day your special time. Also, asking your husband and grandma to take pics and videos during the day will help you experience the cute little things he does! That way, you're not "missing out"!
  • @SharLovesAlex This was actually sweet advice. That said, you need to calm it down with the exclamation marks. Excessive use.

There are never too many exclamation points! !!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!!1!
    Agreed! Some of us are easily excitable!!1!