1st Trimester

itchy around my personal area

This is a personal question but has anyone ever experienced bad itching around and near the opening of their vagina while pregnant. Im nine weeks and I have had horrible itching down there. I dont have any abnormal smelling or abnormal discharge at all. I called the doctor but the cant get me in yet.

Re: itchy around my personal area

• ****lurker from TTGP****

I had that with my first pregnancy, and it was not infection related.  Mine was because of the changing hormones.  There wasn't much I could do about it and it lasted all the way until I stopped breastfeeding. 

PP is right though, you should definitely get checked for an infection, just to be sure.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Get it checked out, since you aren't sure, but most likely a Yeast Infection.

I used to get them frequently while on the pill, until I started taking Acidophilus (sp?) pills to help regulate things (it's a live culture supplement you can find in the vitamin area at grocery stores--fridge kind it best).  That mostly kept them away, but I still got them on the very very rare occasion.  The itchiness is HORRIBLE.  And the cure isn't fun, either (Monostat 3 or 7), but is the only thing that works for me.

I'm 6.2 and already got a pregnancy YI a few days back.  Not fun!!  Luckily, I knew exactly what it was, since I've had them before.  And my hubby was able to check with an OB friend to make sure I could do the Monostat while pregnant, so I am all good now.  Just hoping this isn't going to happen a lot over the next 8 months... :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this, but it was a different itching than yeast infection.  And maybe mine was different than yours, but for me it was more the labia major.  I researched it, and apparently there is an increase in blood flow, which can cause things to enlarge.  TMI but it was as if everything was rubbing.  I used some baby powder, and much better.  It only last for about a week during week 6-7ish.

But I knew mine wasn't yeast infection, because it was more outside.  

I, too,  have had more internal/entry type itching with increased hormones (but when I was on BC).  In fact, I'd get it right before my period was about to start.  Benadryl always seemed to help me a lot.
  • @SparkleHooves Haha!!!  Benadryl has save me so many times!  I have a lot of IC-like symptoms, and OMG it's sweet relief and nighty night when it kicks in.

One of my co-workers was prescribed valium for her vagina.  We thought that was hilarious!  
  • Haha.  She has a very overactive bladder and pain.  These were suppositories that were supposed to help calm things down.  
    She cracked up when she told me.  
  • I don't get it. When my vag has a panic attack it's a good thing. I call it an orgasm.

LOL!
  • I actually did have this, and all my swabs came back clean, so it was due to increased bloodflow. However definitely still get checked!
  • Ok. If you feel like you have to resort to chemicals and poisons in your body, so be it. I prefer to leave my body pure. 

Wut?

I feel obligated to tell you that organic fruits and vegetables still have small amounts of pesticides on them. So I guess you can't eat that anymore....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ok. If you feel like you have to resort to chemicals and poisons in your body, so be it. I prefer to leave my body pure. 
    You guys, this person is just trolling.  Start clicking on their profiles and you'll see most of them were made on or around the same date.

Oh look...@love2bmommy2him and @zebragliitercorn (etc, etc) made their profiles at the same time, too!  What a coincidence.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• **Lurking from TTGP**

It may be a yeast infection, but it could also be bacterial vaginosis (BV). Normally BV is harmless, but when you're KU, it could cause pre-term labor. Definitely get to a doctor and have ti checked out!