Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

1 week old and sleep

does your 1 weeks old sleep allllll the time? Day and night? I'm enjoying the rest.. Jw at what point do they wake up more?

Re: 1 week old and sleep

• Options
    It should start to happen very soon. My 2nd kid was like that for the first week or 2 then it all  changes :)
  • Options
    My almost 3 week old sleeps all the time. I questioned his pediatrician and the visiting nurse and both said its normal.
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That will likely end before you hit the one month mark.  From 4-8 weeks DD had to be forced to nap and wouldn't sleep for more than 3 hours at a time at night.  She would also only sleep on top of me in the glider.  I literally didn't sleep in my bed for 4 weeks.  ENJOY IT NOW.

That said, we got her back in the bassinet at 8 weeks and by 10 weeks she was sleeping at least 7 hour stretches at night (and sometimes STTN) so it turned around again pretty quickly, even though those 4 weeks felt like hell on earth.  Hopefully you have a good sleeper and relatively few issues.

• Options
    My first one was crazy alert from day 1. This one was almost impossible to wake up till end of week 2 and then all of a sudden she was wide eyed and alert. It'll happen soon enough. Rest up. For us when the wide eyed alert stage started so did the being awake screaming for hours MOTN stage :P