Trouble TTC

WTH? Pain, short Luteal, short AF...?

OsteoblasticOsteoblastic member
edited September 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hi all!

I'm a pretty religious BBTer, but yet again, for the second full cycle of temping, I failed to take my temp on O day (we were at a cabin, left thermometer at home!). OPK was negative the 11th and the evening of the 13th. So I'm not sure which exact day O was. BUT, the 13th and 14th there was extreme pain after BD. I called Dr Tuesday morning, got scheduled for an ultrasound on the 21st (haven't got results yet... urgh!). The 13th I had all my other symptoms of O day: headache, nausea, cramping, etc. So I'm guessing Sunday was O day.

Anyway, my temps started to dropped, as you can see. So I'm thinking, here comes AF. And sure enough, that day I had some pink and brown blood, barely enough to show on a pantyliner but enough to show when wiping. And yesterday, lots of dark red when wiping all day but not enough to fill a tampon (sorry if tmi!). I put it as "spotting" so it would be on one chart, but it was more than spotting. Definite cramping both days. BUT, this would have made my luteal phase 7-9 days, when last time it was 11. That seems pretty short.

So I'm thinking for sure I'm out, and maybe now I have to worry about a short luteal phase on top of everything else. BUT, today, it's all gone. Barely a few pink spots when wiping, and no cramps. AND my temp was 98.08, and it's never over 97.7 outside of luteal phase. And I've been a bit sick, but I never get a fever on BBT when sick. So... after maybe 7 days, I get noticeable bleeding but not enough for a pad, and it's gone in 2 days then temp goes up again? I think it was too heavy for implantation bleeding, plus my temps were falling over three days before going back up. That doesn't sound like an implantation dip to me.

I guess I'm not even looking for answers, I'll wait and see what my BBT does the next day or two. But this is so weird it's driving me crazy. I'm not even sure if I have started a new cycle or not! Does this sound familiar to anyone else here?
Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!

Re: WTH? Pain, short Luteal, short AF...?

• Well, my temp this morning went back down to 97.56, and there's some more spotting. POAS and it was negative. No idea what my body's doing, but it ain't pregnant :(
    Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
    Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
    Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!
  • Just wanted to say sorry you are going through this. My body had weird, early spottig this cycle after my most promising pre-O monitoring. It definitely sucks and is incredibly frustrating. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon. I wound up having 5 large cysts, and I'm not sure if that caused the strange spotting. I'm planning to ask my nurse when I go back for monitoring on 10/6.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • @Osteoblastic Any results from the ultrasound? Same thing happened with mine this cycle. It was because my lining had thinned out too much. Stupid uterus why can't it just do it's job! Fx for you.