January 2016 Moms
Options

Breast changes

hi all,
I've searched this and found lots of stuff about tenderness, swelling, and itchiness but I couldn't find anything about lumps, sorry if this is a repeat. (Will be a long post)
I'm having b/g twins and I'm 23.6 now.
Last year docs found a large tumor in my left breast. No big deal, benign and it was just removed. However, I was told I had a high likelihood of having breast cancer at a young age. I was 26 at the time. My breasts have always been quite large, so it was actually an accident that they found the tumor. Fast forward to now, I do monthly breast exams, etc. I just did my exam and found two small lumps. I am obviously calling my doc first thing in the morning. BUT I was wondering if I'm stressing about nothing. Does anyone else have really lumpy breasts?

Re: Breast changes

• Options
    One of my friends has cystic breasts that got worse with pregnancy bc of the hormones. Her breasts are full of lumps but so far they have all been harmless. You're building a lot of tissue and that could be contributing. I'm sure it's totally fine but def check into it with your dr. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was thinking it could be cystic! Thanks so much. No matter what it will be fine, I've got 2 beautiful babies on the way!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also could be your ducts swelling,
    I've had a few lumps show up that dissipate after a while and was told it could be duct irritation while they're gearing up to produce. I agree with you that it's worth seeing doc about, but don't psych yourself out. Definitely could be nothing.
  • Options
    I had cystic breasts due to being on the pill for a ridiculous number of years. After I got off the pill, the lumps faded, but once I got pregnant they all came back, especially the closer I got to my due date and when my milk came in. They came back not only in number but in size and tenderness too. With your history I would probably get it checked out, but I wouldn't worry too much about it either. One day at a time.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have lots of lumps - I always have and no one was ever concerned but I have more with pregnancy I think!