November 2015 Moms
Options

Padsicles

I was wondering if anyone has read/heard/or have an idea about what type of witch hazel to use for padsicles? There's alcohol-free or regular.

Re: Padsicles

• Options
    I've heard of padsicles but I just used a diaper filled with ice. It definitely did the trick.
  • Options
    I feel like alcohol-free would be the smarter choice, but ask Pinterest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is what the hospital provided for me when I had DS...I also just used diapers that I filled with water and froze and put the witch hazel pads on top of it. Worked great for me!
  • Options
    What sort of pads do you ladies recommend? I haven't bought pads in years, and wondering if the Target brand super overnight are just as good. More in a pack for less.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, I've heard instead of padsicles, that wearing depends works great for the bleeding because then you don't have to worry about the pad staying in place. Can you turn depends into padsicles? Or would you just have to put a padsicles in the depends as well? Also, I feel like witch hazel is antiseptic enough so you wouldn't need the cleaning and drying effects of alcohol on top of that?
  • Options
    What sort of pads do you ladies recommend? I haven't bought pads in years, and wondering if the Target brand super overnight are just as good. More in a pack for less.

I like Always Infinity because I have heavy periods and they are super light, you can barely feel them but they absorb a lot. They also make an overnight variety of the same kind that are orange instead of green. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and wondering how many padsicles to make? Not sure how many I will go through? Don't know how many days after birth I will want them? Help lol
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited September 2015

I also like always pads, this is one of those products, like toilet paper, that I always buy name brand because the generic just never seem as good, that being said, I've never tried target brand so I have no firsthand experience. Eta: I've looked for plain witch hazel at king Soopers and target, but all I've found are the wipes, am I just missing it at the store??
  • Options
    @bellie1223 I found it at target in the face wash section where the face toners and astringents would be.
  • Options
    Thanks, sounds like some good suggestions! @alyssaleighw I think any amount, I didn't make them with my last pregnancy and I recovered just fine, but I have pads left and figured I'd make 10 or 15 this time.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thank you for this post, I'd never heard of this idea, I think it's genius!
  • Options
    For anyone that has one near them, I found witch hazel at big lots
  • Options
    The hospital made padsicles and let me take some home. Pad, ice pack, tucks. Gave me numbing spray and little spray bottle. I am asking for extras this time.
  • Options
    With my first two I only used them for the first day or two and didn't need them with my last. At the hospital they used NB diapers and those are great! At home I used tucks pads that have witch hazel in them. They hospital gave me a tub of them. Place 2 of those on your pad and they feel great!!
  • Options
    My must have after labor
  • Options
    @nano1 thanks that gives me a good idea :)
    @thegingeravenger huge baby over here about the pain as well!! I'm preparing for the worst. That way if it isn't as bad as I thought, it will be a nice relief. Haha we will see how that goes!
  • Options
    Resurrecting this thread to ask a potentially silly padsicle question- are the pads still at all absorbent after they have various liquids frozen into them? Should they be worn in addition to depends/larger non-frozen pads? 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I was thinking about that too. Also, how do you freeze then so you don't just have a stuck-together lump?
  • Options
    Totally making these! Found a few recipes on pinterest, but has anyone done them without all the essentail oils?
  • Options
    I made some after I posted on here. If you fold them back together using the wrapper you can make it so it won't touch itself @cherryonion

I made mine without essential oil @dapoint23

@kayemjay2 I was wondering the same thing about absorbency, but I realized that it's not like I'll be walking around town wearing them so maybe I'll just grab a towel and a padsicle and have a seat for 5-10 minutes.