Baby Showers

Time of day for a baby shower?

What time of the day is good to start a baby shower? We are having a casual shower at home on a Saturday and I was thinking to have it at 3-4pm. Is that too late in the afternoon for a shower?

Re: Time of day for a baby shower?

• I prefer 11AM - 1PM start times. I want a shower over and done with. I don't want to waste my weekend evening at a shower.
  • Mine will be starting at 12:30pm. I attended another shower this summer and it was 12:30pm as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer 11AM - 1PM start times. I want a shower over and done with. I don't want to waste my weekend evening at a shower.

This. If I am hosting, I do 11:00 am. With a brunch menu.

This.
  • My shower is next week at I am happy with the evening when I am most relaxed ready to mingle and enjoy being serenaded. 3-4 is good timing maybe a bit later because if its too hot I prefer cooler afternoons.  :-h
  • ABTRINI said:
    My shower is next week at I am happy with the evening when I am most relaxed ready to mingle and enjoy being serenaded. 3-4 is good timing maybe a bit later because if its too hot I prefer cooler afternoons.  :-h
    People sing at baby showers now? I was obviously doing it wrong.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• I like 2:00-4:00. Floating...so people can come and go as they please.
  • Mine was at 2:00pm which gave the hostess plenty of time to finish the last minute details and since it wasn't over the lunch hour so we just had Hors d'oeuvres
  • We are having mine on a Sunday, so we decided to do it from 11-2.  It'll be done early enough for people to enjoy the rest of their day, get themselves back into work mode for Monday and it's only 3 hours long, so it'll move along nicely and not drag out.  I wouldn't have minded doing it until 3, but people know that it "officially" ends at 2, but can always stay longer and mingle if they want. 
  • Mine is next Saturday from 2 to 4. I couldn't imagine it lasting any longer than that. I know I will be ready to go home, so I'm certain the guests will be as well.