July 2015 Moms
Options

Vaccines

My son won't stop crying :(( i feel so bad ! All he wants to do is nurse ! As soon as he's unlatched he's back to screaming !

Re: Vaccines

• Options
    Same here today. He is pretty devastated today. Just go with it momma! We are doing what's best for our babies and sometimes that involves a little pain and comforting.
  • Options
    Oh no! Mine goes tomorrow :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is going on Thursday... Dun-dun-dun

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    DD had a rough time with hers as well, it was much better after 48 hours or so though!
  • Options
    Just comfort him, your little one will get better and like the rest said, we are doing what best for our little ones! Hope he feels better and praying for a quick recovery! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Tylenol worked wonders for us.
  • Options
    We gave Tylenol for the first 24 hours. He was fussy for two days, but then back to normal. GL!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I called the nurse and she said to try some Tylenol ! He finally fell asleep poor little guy :(
  • Options
    A day or two and it'll be much better!!! I will say that our son has been a horrible sleeper since shots, though (A week ago).
  • Options
    Try a warm bath. That's what calmed ours down
  • Options
    I gave my daughter Tylenol right before the shots then 4 hours later. She was a little fussy but not bad. I also asked for the alternate schedule of shots so she did not get them all at once.
  • Options
    I am taking my ds next Tuesday. Which vaccine did this? I feel unprepared for his 2 month appointment...
  • Options
    We did Tylenol before the visit (call your doctors nurse to see how much Tylenol to administer), our LO was fussy after the shots (that part does suck) :( and then cam home and slept for a few hours. by evening she was back to her normal self, we never had a fever or anything fussiness. She honesty did way better than I did! You'll be fine, take care of you and snuggle your LO.
  • Options
    I didn't give Tylenol before due to a study saying it could have an adverse effect on the vaccines. I nursed LO pretty much constantly. When he developed a fever, I gave him Tylenol.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    our little guy did great with his. he cried while they were actually giving the shots but he calmed down almost immediately after. I nursed him to comfort him (and me...) after. he has had lots of bloodwork and IVs in his short little life so I'm not sure if that's why he handled it so well but either way I'm relieved! he just got them a couple of hours ago so we'll see how the rest of the day goes...
  • Options
    @leelee1112
    I agree with the trouble sleeping issue!! Naps have been the worst for my Lo since his shots!
  • Options
    My LO has been fussy since his shots today but the biggest change has been his appetite! After we got home he drank 8oz! He's been eating a lot more today hope this doesn't continue... my supply isn't that good and he's already 18lbs 12oz-eek!
  • Options
    I did not give him Tylenol before but did at around 5pm & He is back to normal today :) a little fussy but nothing we can't handle ! Maybe next round I'll take the alternate schedule for the shots so it's not all at once I think that was a lot for him!