August 2015 Moms
Options

Post partum weight

Hey ladies,

So for those of you who have had babies before or people who have had some time after they've had a little one. What did you do for postpartum weight-loss? I'm really struggling prior to getting pregnant I was anorexic and I was very thin. I wasn't bones thin. But I was around 124 to 127. I put on 45 pounds which wasn't bad. But now after I've had the baby I'm stuck at around 149. I am eating and not going back to that unhealthy way of maintaining. I'd be happy at 135. It's been very difficult because I can't fit in any of my clothes. I had a C-section. So I just got the clear to work out. But we know it is difficult to workout with a newborn! I'm only six weeks postpartum so I'm trying to give myself some grace. But how long did it take for you to get back to pre pregnancy weight?

Re: Post partum weight

• Options
    If you check out the weekly **fit mama check in* you'll see tons of ways we are working hard at losing our baby weight. With DS, it took me a good year to lose all of my weight. With this one, I'm already losing a lot faster than the first time around. You have to give yourself time considering you just had a baby a month ago. However, it's totally acceptable to work at losing at this point. For me, the longer I sit around with the extra weight on me the harder it will be to lose it all.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    #1- I never lost it all. I got pregnant when she was 8.5 months.
    #2 - I lost it all by 5 months by doing p90x workouts and tracking calories on MFP.
    #3- I have 13lb to go at 5wks BUT technically i still have that 20lb from #1 to get rid of on top of that.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It takes 9 months to put on the weight, it can take 9 months to take it off! Some may be quicker and some may be longer, but that's just something to keep in mind.

I'm 8 weeks and I'm about 15lb below my pre pregnancy weight, but I'm no where near my ideal weight. I still have maybe 20-25lb to go. I'm trying to focus on making healthier choices and less eating out/take out/fast food.
  • Options
    @amk013 has it right get your head in the right spot.
    Your body shape may never be the same but give it some grace - it just made a baby after all.
    For me the best thing for my head and body is eating right and walking with DS and DD.
  • Options
    I have EDNOS. It took three years of recovery before i came to a good place in my head about my body and part of that was having my first daughter. I still hate on my body from time to time but it's not like it was before. I started therapy for my ED six years ago.

My advice is to consider therapy or at least begin to evaluate what needs your desire to control helps you to meet in yourself. Enjoy your baby. You'll still be stressing about your weight but just put it on the back burner. Try to eat real food and exercise for the activity rather than the calories burned. Avoid situations and people that trigger.

AFM I can't count calories bc that is a trigger for me. I can get on the scale, but if I start focussing on getting to a specific number that's another trigger. I know these triggers from those first three years of recovery and the going back and forth that became inevitable. I have 14lb to get to my pre-preg weight (not my lowest weight, in fact on the high side of normal for me) and I'm anxious to loose the weight but like a pp said 9months on, nine months off so I try to go easy on myself while still trying. It's kind of a tight rope walk.

Right now I'm breaking my habit of eating sweets every day, a habit pregnancy helped form and slowly picking up exercise that I enjoy (hiking and yoga) in and of itself. The weight will come off eventually if I can remember to love my body. If I love my body I will always do right by it.

HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Baby #1: I gained 55lbs & only lost 20lbs (in 2 1/2 years) & I didn't BF (due to being a teen mom & not knowing the benefits of it) I know I could have lost more but I had severe depression & could care less on what I looked liked because I felt like crap.
    Baby #2: I only gained 25lbs & lost it all (in only 4 weeks PP) honestly BF is what I think helped losing it all.
    My OB told me not to get dicouraged on your body weight as she told me it can take up to 1 year to get all of your Baby weight off & not to stress & pressure yourself because it's only going to make it harder to loose it all.
    If you are on Birth Control talk to your doctor because that could also be why you aren't losing weight.