Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My cytotec nightmare

Hi all. I went for my 1st trimester songr last week and measured behind with no fetal heartbeat. I had a second ultrasound this Wednesday which confirmed embryo only measuring 6 weeks when I should be 9.
This is my third Miscarriage and I had 2 d&cs for the previous 2. The d&cs are drawn out over a week and I wanted this to go quicker so I chose cytotec. Ha! I took my 1st dose Thursday and barely a crp or a spot. 2nd dose this morning and nothing. I took my third dose this afternoon and still nothing. I am beyond frustrated and angry. I also tried both orally and vaginally. 800mcg each time. What a nightmare. I am still back where I started and will probably need a d&c anyway.
Ugh, I just wanted to vent.

Re: My cytotec nightmare

• Options
    Uggggh. So sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with cytotec as i had a d and c both times. The first time i had a d and c the very next day. This last time i had to wait a week and I know how you feel. That week wait was agony! Hugs to you! Hang in there.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. This was my 3rd miscarriage as well. I feel your pain. I had 2 d&cs for the first one(dr didn't get all of the tissue with the first procedure) second was a chemical pregnancy and the 3rd I took misoprostol (which I believe is the same thing) first dose didn't work, but it started happening with the second dose. Hopefully it will start happening for you so you can avoid the d&c. Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mjjc7709mjjc7709 member
    edited September 2015
    @lizok22 I'm sorry you're going through all of this and I hope you get closure soon! I've had 2 miscarriages this year, the first was spontaneous. The second was a missed miscarriage and I took Misoprostol (Cytotec), and this was recent! I took it on September 3 - I bled heavily that day and then a week later, just as I thought it was all done, I passed the sac...to say the least, I bawled my eyes out.

It has been 18 days since I've taken it and I'm still bleeding! Not as heavy but it's still irritating. I had a little scare today; I was feeling dizzy, weak and nauseated. I was scared that I was anemic but I doubt it because I haven't been bleeding heavily. I can't wait for all of this to be done. I just want to feel normal again!

Wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    I had a cytotec induced MC in early August. It took me 4 rounds of cytotec (800 mg each) inserted vaginally over 5 days (Friday PM, Saturday AM, Monday PM, and Tuesday PM). Even after round 4 Tuesday PM, I didn't pass any tissue until Thursday afternoon. The dr office had told me to expect at least a half hour of intense cramping and bleeding and I never experienced that. I had minor spotting over the weekend and through Monday. Finally after round 3 the bleeding increased a bit but still no cramps until after the 4th round. Either I had a delayed reaction or it was the 4th dose that pushed my body over the edge and finally got things moving.

Based on the amount of tissue I passed after the cytotec I was convinced it hadn't worked and I was going to need a D&C anyway. When I went in for a post-cytotec ultrasound they found I had passed everything. I was 8weeks, but baby had only measured 6+1 so in the end there wasn't that much that had to be passed.

Obviously this is only my experience, but I was very frustrated during the process thinking it wasn't working and I just wanted it over with. I was surprised to find out it had actually done the job.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Had to go to ER today for heavy bleeding...saturated 2 pads per hour. I need to get a D&C today. What a long drawn out nightmare.