New Jersey Babies

Advice please - sleeping

Rinni12Rinni12 member
edited September 2015 in New Jersey Babies
I know this is a topic that often comes up but I'm at a loss.  My newborn was sleeping great (surprisingly for a newborn) until recently. He is a little over 3 months old and wakes up every 2-3 hours at night. I think he just wants to go back to sleep but doesn't know how to self-soothe.  He refuses a pacifier and hasn't discovered his thumb.  I end up nursing him just to fall back asleep but I feel this is creating more of the problem.  When I put him down for naps and bed he is drowsy but awake. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice please - sleeping

• Sounds like the 4 mo sleep regression a bit early. Most babies go through it. I would just feed but not to sleep and then lay baby down. That's what I did with my older ones. I also put my son to sleep on his belly once he had really good head/neck control and he found his thumb pretty instantly from then and began sttn right away since he could self-soothe. By 3 mo baby should have great head/neck control so I would give that a try if I were you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers