Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Chemical pregnancy

i just had a chemical pregnancy and even though I was only four weeks, I feel sad and devastated. I actually hate the term "chemical pregnancy" because it makes it seem less real, like it wasn't anything to lose since "chemical" is attached. It was my second month trying and I do have a 15 month old DS, but I knew the day I got my BFP that it was different and the whole week I knew, I had anxiety and like it was a black cloud over me.
Nobody seems to understand how I feel, especially my family, which besides a few friends are the only ones I told. They seem to think I should just bounce back and act happy go lucky.
When does it feel less hurtful? :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Well I can only speak for myself but I lost my baby going on 8 weeks ago and I still have rough days. I was just starting my second trimester when I found out I was having a mmc. Even though they give you the term "chemical" it was still very real to you and it is a real loss. I don't think you can put a time frame on the grief but it does get less painful as the days go by. When I first found out I could not imagine being able to go to work or go out with friends or do my normal stuff but time does make it easier to cope. My advice is that you take some time to let yourself grieve and cry when you feel the need. (Hugs)
  • Options
    I too had a chemical pregnancy about two weeks ago. I am completely devastated even though I was pregnant for just a short while. I still cry at least once a day and feel like no one understands. You aren't alone at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, I also hate the term chemical pregnancy, it sounds as if it is something less important or something you made up, it bothers me so much, I also hate blighted ovum, and the worst one is calling my lost baby `products`.. every time I talk to Doctors they say they are testing the products to check for chromosomal issues, or the products of conception..etc It was my baby!! Is it so hard to call it that?
    I also feel misunderstood by the people in my life that are familiar with what is happening and I am so thankful for all you ladies and happy that we can all understand and support each other...hope you are having a better day today..XO

Me: 38 DH: 42.
    Married: 9/2008.
    4/2010 - BFP (Natural)
    12/2010 - DS born.
    8/2014-TTC#2 
    10/2014 BFP
    10/2014 Confirmed MC at 5 weeks
    5/2015 BFP
    8/2015 MMC & D&C at 13 weeks  :'(
    11/2015 BFP then CP at 6 weeks.
    3/2016 Started IVF+PGS
    4/2016 ER, only 5 eggs but 3 Frozen embryos made it to freeze. Only 1 PGS normal embryo.
    DOR
    Hypothyroidism
    MTHFR
    DH Sperm with Chromosomal Issues (high % FISH)
    AMH .65
    8/2016 FET #1 BFN
    9/2016 IVF-ER #2  1 normal embryo.
    11/2016 IVF-ER #3  0 Embryos
    2/2017 FET #2 BFP CP at 6 weeks.
    5/2017  BFP Natural. 3 Betas were ok. First US 5-31-2017. Hope it sticks and is healthy!!

• Options
    Thank you ladies. It comes and goes in waves... I am TTC again now and having the loss seems to have taken the fun out of it since. I feel as though I want it even more now, and then on the other side I'm afraid that it will happen again. It helps to know that I'm not alone but I feel sad for all of our losses. Hugs to you ladies too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also just had a "chemical pregnancy" and hate the term as well.  We've been going through fertility treatments since March and this was the first time I ever heard the word "positive."  I am so sad, and feel like I'll never stop being scared if we get another positive someday.  
  • Options
    I also just had a cp. I have good days and bad sometimes I'm completely fine one min and a mess another, it's been a roller coaster. We want to start trying again right away too but I'm afraid it will happen again and also feel a little guilty bc I feel like I'm just forgetting about the first baby by moving on so soon. I'm really all over the place atm
  • Options
    I hate hearing "you weren't REALLY pregnant, it was a chemical pregnancy." The egg fertilized & the line turned pink. Just because it didn't implant/develop properly doesn't mean it wasn't real. To top it off, my body & emotions are still going haywire.
  • Options
    I have had 4 miscarriages...3 chemical - 1 baby passed at 6 weeks and I needed a D&C. Each one no matter how long they were around, was very hard to deal with. You grieve just the same. The only thing I will say is that with chemical pregnancies, your body will bounce back faster so hopefully you can start trying again whenever you are ready. But yeah, it's all still one big ball of suck. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
    Dec 2014 - CP
    Feb 2015 - No hb 8wks
    July 2015 - CP
    Aug 2015 - CP
    RPL Tests: PAI-1 4g/4g, Heterozygous MTHFR C677T, Vit D Deficiency, Chromosome 9 inversion
    January 1, 2016 - CP. Heartbroken and feeling helpless. :(
    July 2017 - Finally!! FINALLY!! Our GORGEOUS baby girl was born on 7-15-17. Miracles do happen!!