2nd Trimester
Options

A literal pain in the butt...

I've been having sharp pains on the right side of my butt starting yesterday. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant with twins. Regardless of how I re-position myself, the pain just doesn't go away. Has anyone also have this, or is it just me?

Re: A literal pain in the butt...

• Options
    Im having it already and im only 15 weeks, although i did get it sometimes before i got pregnant due to fractured tailbone (the vertibrae that sciatic nerve comes out of jams) although in the last week it has got really bad. apparently during pregnancy the pressure of baby can put pressure on that area causing it. I am going to see a chiropractor next week as i used to see one regularly and it did help, but idk if it would help with pregnancy related sciatic pain. I have read that stretching and strengthening the lower back muscles can really help, and there are some good swissball excersices that are great for pregnant women that could help with that. GL!
    Ps - talk to your OB/midwife about it. Not sure where you are in the world but here if you need chiro/osteo/physio Your midwife can refer you so you dont have to pay.
  • Options
    Sounds like sciatica. Walking and stretching helps. Sleeping with a body pillow or pregnancy pillow also helps. And prenatal massage really helped me with my last pregnancy. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker