Babies on the Brain
Options

An introduction

Hello! My husband and I are both 33 and we have been struggling with what seemed like the biggest decision of our lives of whether or not to have kids for a few years. And funny thing - I haven't had a period for three months, ever since we finally decided that we were ready to start trying. During that time, I also found out I never had the chicken pox and decided to get vaccinated, so we had to wait to start trying anyway (two doses a month apart and you are advised not to get pregnant for a month after the last dose). After some bloodwork that came back normal, I am now on day 5 of 7 of Provera and this Saturday is the end of our waiting period from the vaccine. I'm hoping that my cycle will start soon after getting off Provera and that my body will get itself back on track. 

We live in New England in a small fixer-upper we've been working on for 5 years with two cats - one who is neurotic (and I mean it literally) and the other who is neurotic (not so literally) about food but otherwise normal. We like hiking and camping and I like to run and knit. 

I have not told anyone IRL that we are TTC so I'm looking forward to being part of this community. 

Re: An introduction

• Options
    Welcome and good luck. This board is definitely helpful when you don't want to talk about it with people you know. We are all good listners ;) 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too :-) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi from a fellow New Englander in her 30s! I'm in RI but grew up in central MA. Are you comfortable getting more specific? (No worries if not!) Welcome and hope the provera does the trick!
  • Options
    anj27anj27 member
    edited September 2015
    We live in Maine, aka Vacationland, and we really like it here. We've had a fantastic summer but it feels like fall is here today. I love fall in NE but could do with slightly shorter winters - last winter was never-ending! 
  • Options
    Lysta85 said:
    Welcome and good luck. This board is definitely helpful when you don't want to talk about it with people you know. We are all good listners ;) 
    Thank you! There is only so much you could talk about it with just one person, you know? :)
    SusieG85 said:
    Welcome! I'm new here too :-) 

Thanks and welcome to you too then. (I'm not sure I'm doing these replies correctly.)

• Options
    Howdy! fellow 30 year old who isnt a big fan of NE winters, though im more west in cleveland ohio. Glad to have you on board!
  • Options
    anj27 said:

We live in Maine, aka Vacationland, and we really like it here. We've had a fantastic summer but it feels like fall is here today. I love fall in NE but could do with slightly shorter winters - last winter was never-ending! 
    We are big Maine fans! We went camping in Baxter State Park and climbed Katahdin in August. So beautiful! I'm with you on the winter. I like winter in general but last year was quite excessive.
  • Options

We are big Maine fans! We went camping in Baxter State Park and climbed Katahdin in August. So beautiful! I'm with you on the winter. I like winter in general but last year was quite excessive.

We hiked Katahdin last month too! We had the most beautiful weather that day with just a light breeze, which made Knife Edge not quite so scary. We did Mt. Washington in July and wondering if we can squeeze in Mt. Mansfield before the end of the year just so we could say we covered all three states. 
  • Options
    Howdy! fellow 30 year old who isnt a big fan of NE winters, though im more west in cleveland ohio. Glad to have you on board!
    Thank you! Unfortunately, they are predicting another winter similar to last year's. :X
  • Options
    @anj27 Welcome to the board! Come on and jump in anywhere. Excited to get to know you!
    I cannot imagine everyone's winters up north. The wind factor is what pierces my whole body. Ouch.
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!! My FH and I are also both 33. We will be starting TTC very shortly.

I hope you enjoy this board!! It's been a lot of fun, and the women here offer great advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck with your TTC journey -- and those cold winters! :)

My brother has a not literally neurotic, but still pretty neurotic cat and she is the funniest little girl! 
  • Options
    anj27 said:

We hiked Katahdin last month too! We had the most beautiful weather that day with just a light breeze, which made Knife Edge not quite so scary. We did Mt. Washington in July and wondering if we can squeeze in Mt. Mansfield before the end of the year just so we could say we covered all three states. 

No way! We skipped the knife edge; it was windy and honestly we were moving too slow to make it work. We have a lifetime goal of doing all of the 4,000 ft.+ mountains in New England, but are just getting started. I think we're only at 5. Hoping to get in a few more pre-pregnancy!