August 2015 Moms

Squirmy baby

My little man is a champion eater (breast feeding)! Considering we got off to such a rocky start it makes me proud. Well recently whenever I put him to the breast he becomes a break dancer/champion wrestler. He lifts his leg like a dog that's peeing, pushes against me, kicks me, etc. He's not done because he'll do it the whole feed, and if I pull him off he is still rooting. He's not unhappy he's just squirmy! Anyone else? Or any advice? It just makes holding him during the feed really difficult.

Re: Squirmy baby

• Mine started doing this and I realized it's because she had something else going on. So I'll burp her and sometimes that helps. Or sometimes she has the other gas then calms down. Maybe he's just really excited that he's eating?! ;)
  • Mine started doing this and I realized it's because she had something else going on. So I'll burp her and sometimes that helps. Or sometimes she has the other gas then calms down. Maybe he's just really excited that he's eating?! ;)

The gas could be it. I'll try burping him mid feed. I feel like I need to like restrain him in order to feed him lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep anytime my girl starts flailing I know its time to burp!
  • Same, kicking and flailing = burping for us. He often gets impatient to even burp and keeps trying to root around and gets frustrated until he burps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is good to know - my DS turns into a mini velociraptor midway through feeding sometimes, grunting, flailing, trying to pull my nipple in directions that it shouldn't go, etc. We will try a burp halfway through!
  • Same here. When Samantha starts with ninja kicks I know it's time to burp!
  • Yup, with Declan it's either a burp, fart or dirty diaper.
  • This is exactly why I prefer to feed DS while he's swaddled. It doesn't stop all the movement but at least he can't pull my boob out of his mouth!

• Thanks ladies :) glad there is a simple solution
  • Same here on the burping. DH witnessed it the other night and said "wow who knew your nipple could stretch like that. Doesn't that hurt?" No not at all babe, thanks for the input lol
  • DD does that when she is trying to pass gas or poop.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • My guy does this also but when he is trying to poop or pass gas