High-Risk Pregnancy

Uterus didelphys

Hi gals, I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins. I have uterus didelphys. Can anyone relate? I've had on and off spotting for a couple weeks and the doctors tell me that the babies may be born up to three months early. Has anyone held to the 37th week?

Re: Uterus didelphys

• I've personally performed anesthesia for two women in the past three years with a didelphys uterus. Both were single pregnancies, and the csections were done at 32 and 36 weeks for each. Babies did great afterwards and so did mom.
  • Hi! I have a uterus didelphys. Do you have one twin in each uterus? I had a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks for my daughter :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for responding! That puts me at ease a little :) I have both babies in the right horn.
  • @ ccccharlottee No worries! I'm actually pregnant with identical twins in my left uterus this time :) and you cannot find any information on twins in one side of a uterus deidelphys... So I'm glad if I can help in any way. I won't lie it's been a very very stressful pregnancy BUT Saturday I'll be 30 weeks
  • It's been my goal since the beginning so I'll consider every day after that a bonus!
  • I have a UD and have had 2 successful singleton pregnancies. One in each horn and made it to 36 weeks and 37 weeks. My babies were on the small side at 5 lbs 12 oz for my son and 5 lbs 1 oz for my daughter but they both did great. My DD is now 18 months and DS is 3.5 years, both healthy and happy little ones. It is super carry and stressful but you have already made it so far, your babies should do good! 
  • ccccharlotteeccccharlottee member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for sharing ladies. :D

@mlemper I sent you a private message.

@lolax2 Curious as to what made it stressful for you?
  • I'm really glad you've posted this if anything to have someone relate to the condition. I'm on my first pregnancy - just passed 7 weeks - with the little'n snugly residing in the right side. Every day is so scary, so it's nice to see the success stories.