Babies on the Brain
Options

Prenatal vitamins

I started my prenatal vitamins today and have had a terrible headache. While I can't be sure it's from the vitamins I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with prenatal vitamins ?

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• Options
    The most common complaint is nausea from PNVs. Most take them before bed to help avoid it. If the headaches are caused by your vitamins, try that. Then again, you could just be dehydrated or a whole host of other reasons that cause headaches.
  • Options
    Mine gave me nausea if I did not eat enough because of all the iron in them. Try at night, I have seen other ladies mention that and I have read it too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The iron is KILLING ME right now. I'm really not enjoying taking these at all and I bought the gummies, dang it. Come on.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    I can only take prenatal's at night if I take them in the morning or at lunch they come back up.  And I also do my best to take them as I am getting sleepy to make sure and avoid any kind of problems this has been working for 3 months now.
  • Options
    Definitely take them at night. I also eat a couple crackers before I take it to make sure there is food in my stomach. I had problems with nausea early on from taking them on an empty stomach.
  • Options
    Agreed, avoid taking prenatals and any vitamins for that matter on an empty stomach!