Pregnant after IF
Options

***2nd tri check-in- 9/21/15***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: What was the first thing you bought officially for your bean(s)- if you haven't bought anything yet out of "the fear of the jinx", whi
(Does anyone have any GTKY questions they'd like me to use in the next couple of weeks? I have been struggling coming up with good ones!)

Re: ***2nd tri check-in- 9/21/15***

• Options

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- one girl and one boy!
    @andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
    @somewhereinafrica- EDD 1/8/16 With a little boy!
    @MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
    @Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
    @kelley421- EDD 1/26/16 with two little ladies and one little boy!
    @knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one little boy! 
    @potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with one bean- waiting on elective scan to find out the sex
    @shelly333- EDD 2/3 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
    @hopes4baby-  EDD 2/8 with two little ladies!
    @jeannaqueena- EDD 2/21/16 with one little lady!
    @Kendragrace1215- EDD 2/24/16 with one little lady!
    @eekers- EDD 2/27/16 with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!
    @mrsloriw- EDD 3/11/16 with one little lady!
    @fuzzbumble- EDD 3/12/16 with one little boy and one little lady!

Welcome to second trimester @eekers & @mrsloriw! You're 1/3 of the way there!!!

(For some reason, I'm still not able to put up the full post!)
  • Options
    No new updates yet- last Friday's appt went well and the little girl backed off the cervix. We have a followup this Friday, just as a precaution. I am very grateful we have another appt because the last 24 hours, she has turned my cervix into a play thing and I can feel her punching, kicking, jumping, playing the bongo drums on it. 

QOTW: We call our little beans Olaf and Sven since they came from frozen embryos. We stopped at a gas station and saw little versions of them in beanie baby form and bought them right away. They were something small but significant to us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for putting this up again! Just for the record, no longer waiting on the a/s. I think it got missed in a post a few weeks ago. We found out towards the end of August that we are having a boy :).

Again, not much new this week. Next appt is the 29th at 24 weeks. One fun moment this week was seeing my belly move with the baby. Crazy!

QOTW: we actually haven't bought anything yet. No reason, just waiting until we have room to keep things. We do have a small pile of items we've been gifted going though :)
  • Options
    @MrsBwIVF hope the US goes well on Fri!

24 weeks in just a few minutes! Happy V Day to us :). So tired but can't sleep. Glucose screening and checkup on Fri. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.

QOTW: haven't bought anything for Yoda, she'll be getting tons of hand-me-downs from DD1.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    18 weeks! I am starting to feel little rolling movements and jabs! Loving it! It's nice to actually looks pregnant and feel it too!

QOTW: I bought a crib at 13 weeks bc it was a steal at $20 and the exact one I was looking at new! Just an IKEA white one. I have been buying clothes here and there on clearance and i bought some storage bin on clearance from target last week. My good friend gave me 3 big bags of hand me down clothes so I have a box started in a closet!! I want to start the nursery so badly, but it means moving my boys to share a room and taking the toddler out of a crib into a bunk bed...that is a lot of transitions and I know there is no rush. I am stressing because I know the holidays will get here and with it 3rd tri and things start moving fast!

I turn 35 on Monday and have our BIG anatomy u/s...so I am nervous and excited at the same time!!! I really would love to hear my placenta previa has "moved" and we can be off pelvic rest. I had grand ideas of working out some this pregnancy and i am too scared to do much.

@MrsBwIVF good luck Friday!! I think it's sounds promising she has moved away!!! I know you are glad to be off bed rest. Little Olaf and Stev will be cute in the nursery!!!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    Hey, I'm 20wks and some days, we're having another girl... 

I ordered a couple gender neutral sleeping gowns for NB, love those and those little sleeping bags for when they are little. Since then we recently had to purchase another travel system since I sold DD's, and I am going to get a small dress/changing table tomorrow. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm almost 21 weeks. I have a checkup this Friday. My insurance is changing Oct 1, so I'm looking forward to getting better care. My current Doctor is fine, but the support staff is awful. They have me running all over the valley because they only offer certain services at some places, and there aren't any classes or info offered. I didn't even get a list of food to avoid. I guess they've outsourced their jobs to google. I've even called during the weekend and was told to call back during office hours. The advice line is bogus. Plus, the insurance coverage is bad, so I'm looking forward to no more nasty bills :-) On another note. I can't really feel much movement. My placenta is anterior (in the front) and they said online that I may have reduced movement feeling. I do feel some, but not much. I have no idea if this is normal or not. Im just really looking forward to October.
  • Options
    15 weeks here, appt tomorrow. I was a little freaked out last week because I woke up with a tight cramping feeling that lasted all day- not sure why? Is it too early for BH? Dr told me to drink more and rest is all. No bleeding so I guess I'm fine?
    I also feel more and more what I can only describe as popcorn popping in my uterus. So I'm not sure if it's gas, or baby, or sometimes one or the other, lol :). Just can't wait to really be able to feel her!
    Qotw: Haven't bought our baby anything yet just because it seems too early still, like to just hang on to stuff for the next 6 months...but we did start a registry and I have a small baby blanket my mom got us. My mom also got us a stroller at a garage sale and a friend have me a little play mat thing.
  • Options
    shelly333shelly333 member
    edited September 2015

Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well which is AWESOME!

@MrsBwIVF thank you again for keeping up with the board and giving us ladies a place to go where it is filled with reassurance and love. I think we will agree that it means the world to us!!! <3 

@Knottie4978096 it sux when you find a doctor that you like but the rest of the staff is severely lacking. I think before you work in a field like Obstetrics or anywhere in medical you need to go through compassion classes. It's sad to say but I think all of us at one point in time or another going through the world of fertility have had to deal with someone that hasn't had an ounce of compassion or empathy. This process is a struggle and a fight for us. Don't make us have to fight with you to. OK end of rant LOL. Any hoot here's hoping that you find the dream office that you deserve!  

@emcarl24 what an exciting experience to see your belly moving about because of your little one! I can't wait to get there!

@jeannaqueena what steal of a deal on your crib! I think my husband would love it if I went shopping with you! 

@marnief good luck with the test on Friday! You'll have to let us know how the stuff tastes.

@potatocastillo congrats on another little lovely lady! 

@mrsloriw bh can start in the second trimester. just keep a watch on it. As long as there is not bleeding I think you're good. You could always put a call into your OB just to be on the safe side. 

So I am 21 weeks now and officially more than half way through! We had our big u/s sound yesterday and learned that that I have a partial placenta previa and an anterior placenta. I'm hoping that I will be able to feel the baby move more very very soon because of the anterior placenta I still haven't felt much yet. I do have to go back in about 10 weeks for another scan to check the placenta pervia to see if has corrected itself. I was assured by the tech that this is very common and nothing to worry about. She reminded me that it just give me another chance to see the baby. Maybe when we see the baby next time he or she won't give us the finger LOL. Yes my baby gave us the bird yesterday. It was really comical since my MIL was joking about in the morning and then low and behold at the scan the baby gave the finger too all of us. My MIL was dying laughing. She was also very touch the DH and I invited her to come along for this. This will be grandbaby number 5 for her and the first time she has gotten to experience this with one of them.

QOTW: We bought a couple of onesies and the baby's room furniture. Unfortunately after we got the baby's room painted we went to set up the crib and 3 out of the 4 sides were no good. 2 of the sides were damaged in transit and the other side was just a bad quality control issue that should have never made it to the packaging stage to begin with. The dresser has a small ding in it on the bottom which you can barely see but I know it's there. So now we have to go bring the crib back to Babies 'R' Us for them to exchange it and with the dresser they gave us an additional 15% off it. Is it wrong that even though they are going to replace the crib I would still like them to give me an additional discount on it since we picked it up and drove it home, unpackaged it just to find issues to have to repackage it, drive it back to the store, and then have to go back to the store again at a later date to go pick up a replacement? It's a lot of additional work on our end. 

Wow did I ramble on with this post! Well I should wrap it up. Ladies I hope the rest of the week goes by wonderfully for all of you!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    22 weeks! I am transitioning to oral zofran and haven't had to stick myself since Monday! We may be able to discontinue my pump and home health services tomorrow :D
    QOTW: I bought each baby an outfit after I found out sexes. I've really kept my shopping to a minimum and proud of this!
    @shelly333 I would ask for a discount- but since it's a exchange, perhaps you could ask for a special coupon or discount code for your next buy?

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    @shelly333 I agree you should get an additional discount, but with those big box stores it probably depends upon how nice the manager is and if they can do anything if at all. But I do like Kelleys suggestion! Ask for a future coupon. Now i am worried about my discount crib!! I know my friend is honest but i never have set it up...though she did say I can get replacement parts at the IKEA store.

I am dying to know if my placenta has "moved". Glad to see some others out there with me on this boat.

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    Sorry @emcarl24, I did miss it! Congrats on the little boy. I will update next week!

@marnief, hooray for V day!!!!!! That is such a great milestone!

@jeannaqueena, those first few movements when you decide that they are indeed movements and aren't gas, are AMAZING!

@potatocastillo congrats on the little lady! How excited is your other daughter to have a little sister?

@mrsloriw, I hope your appt went well! I know cramping is extremely scary at any point in our pregnancy!

@shelly333, I'm sorry about your furniture debacle but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one!
    We ordered both cribs at once and got one crib and one sofa table. Yup. So we put together the one while we waited for another week for the second. The second had a ding in it but luckily, it isn't too noticeable. We then ordered a dresser and finally got it last week. Well, the top, front, right corner is all pushed in and has sharp edges somehow. So we are waiting 2 weeks for a replacement top. Thank goodness infertility taught me some patience!

@Kelley421 , HOORAY FOR moving forward health wise!
  • Options
    Hi all!  Had my glucose test this morning, should get results next week.  The stuff is super-sweet, I got the fruit punch flavor I think which sort of tastes like Hi-C on steroids, if that makes any sense.  Last pregnancy, I remember that about 5 minutes after I drank it, DD1 was like, "Sugar!  Sugar sugar sugar!" and started dancing around.  This time, it took a lot longer to feel Yoda start moving around.  Silly anterior placenta cushioning all the kicks!

So I'm thinking that between now and whenever I get the results, I should eat all the carbs and sweets and stuff, just in case they come back and tell me I have GD...!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    15w6d, chugging along. Visited the ER Tuesday after a significant gush of blood, both babies are ok. Diagnosed with a SCH. It is relatively small compared to the rest of baby B's placenta, which is good. But it was terrifying! Saw OB today, to check on everything. Still looking good. Will see him again Monday October 5, then anatomy scan October 30! I cannot wait to get that out of the way, I will feel a huge relief after everything checks out ok.

June 19, 2010 - Miracle Baby Girl

Round 2
    Since March 2013
    BFP April 2013 - Missed M/C July 2013 @ 12w6d
    BFP December 2013 - CP @ 4w3d
    Eight medicated cycles, three IUIs: FAIL
    IVF #1 Antagonist - January 2015: CP/FAIL

IVF #2 April 2015: Microdose lupron Flare
    ICSI, CCS Freeze all
    6 blasts biopsied/5 normal

FET #1 June 25, 2015 6AA and 5AA blast transfer
    BFP 3dp5dt!
    Beta 8dp5dt 195.2, 10dp5dt 474.8, 12dp5dt 977, 22dp5dt 25,580
    <3 Twins! Our boy and girl coming end of February!  <3

• Options
    mrsloriwmrsloriw member
    edited September 2015
    My appt the other day went really well. The cramping is "normal" growing pains I guess, but doctor checked me out to make sure - and my cervix was hard and closed and "perfect"...so definitely reassuring! Heard baby on Doppler which is always awesome for me :) 150 bpm or so and she said she was wiggling around and "happy". And she confirmed that I probably am feeling baby from what I described and probably not gas. Also got a flu shot so I have that covered.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

*edited for autocorrect errors*
  • Options
    Hello! I realized that the few of us left on the 3rd tri check-in will be giving birth very soon, & you ladies may still be in you're 2nd tri at that time. So, when you are ready to move to the 3rd tri, it might not be active. I encourage you to start it back up when you're ready!
  • Options
    Officially 18w3d. Everyday I am so afraid something is going to happen but I need to put it out of my mind for the health of my little girl. We have our anatomy scan on Monday and I can't wait. We haven't seen her since the end of July. We have heard her heartbeat a few times and I have my first noticeable kick about a week ago but radio silence since then. :). Feel so blessed to be on this journey and wishing you all happy healthy baby baking! :x
  • Options
    What is this? I come back from a social media hiatus to find our leader banned?!

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. Nothing new here to report. Hopefully @MrsBwIVF gets her access returned since I can't imagine she did anything to deserve the ban hammer.

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Options
    @andimegie325 oh wow! I thought the pic was a joke, but obviously not.
    Anyone taking over the 2nd tri check in?

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Options
    blessedwtwinsblessedwtwins member
    edited September 2015
    Sorry ladies, I had an issue with someone on another board and you see how that turned out.
    I will do a check in tonight, just been super busy today!
    If anyone else wants to step in sooner and take over the check in, that'd be fine too since I'm moving to 3rd tri soon and will need a replacement anyways.

Eta- saw you took over, @andimegie325, thanks so much!