August 2015 Moms
Options

Aromatherapy

Just curious if anyone's ever used aromatherapy for their children? What did you use, what for, did it work out, etc?

Re: Aromatherapy

• Options
    I've used only lavender because I know it is safe for babies and children when diluted properly.. It made her really tired and sleepy... she did sleep! I put it on her for an ouchy belly but we were still trying to figure things out so I'm not sure if it worked. But I have seen my sisters use lavender on their children when they are tired or cranky and it did help them calm and get some sleep. Hope this was helpful!
  • Options
    sushilove15sushilove15 member
    edited September 2015
    We've rubbed a dab of clove oil on her tummy and massaged it. It warms her tummy and is supposed to help with digestion. I think it helped, she definitely enjoyed the massage and pooped not long afterwards! We've tried it a couple of times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use one called gentle baby by essentials oils and it knocks her out right away
  • Options
    I use the Johnson and Johnson lavender wash and lotion at bedtime and it really worked nicely with my first DS, he's two now and we still do the same bedtime routine. And I've started the same routine with DD, 8 weeks.
  • Options
    We also have gentle baby by essential oils and diluted it (7 parts to 1) in coconut oil. We use it on his belly or feet or my chest when hes on me for calming. Seems to help!