April 2015 Moms
Options

Is your baby rolling over in their sleep?

030207m030207m member
edited September 2015 in April 2015 Moms
my LO is rolling over while he sleeps and but doesn't know how to roll back onto his back. I don't know what to do about it. I'll wake up to check on him and he's on his stomach and it scares me that he will suffocate.

Best Answers

• Options
    mhelthallmhelthall member
    Answer ✓
    My daughter sleeps in baby merlins Magic sleep suit so she doesn't really have the ability to roll at all in it which gives me peace of mind and helps her sleep better.

My stepsister's son rolls from back to belly almost every night and she said she wakes up to him grunting, trying to flip over. She has to go in every night and flip him. So far - she hasn't found any solutions. I'm thinking as baby gets stronger he will hopefully roll on his own ?
  • Options
    kjones115kjones115 member
    Answer ✓
    My daughter does that too. For a while she only rolled back to front but now she can go front to back. At first I would panic and even rolled her back to her back. Of course she'd roll right back to her belly. That's when I decided I just needed to let her be. She's got great head and neck control so that comforts me too. I think she's just a belly sleeper. I don't blame her bc I was too before I got pregnant. I'd suggest just checking the monitor every now and then but if he's rolling on his own I'd let him be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    My son has been rolling to his stomach to sleep since he was 3 months. I used to flip him back, which would wake him up, and then we would have a rough night. Then the doctor said that as long as the crib was clear of all suffocation and choking hazards that it was okay to just let him be. Now I just list him be.

Answers

• Options
    My LO is in the same situation - rolls back to front but not the reverse. I always put her down on her back but find her on tummy when she wakes. I've been told that as soon as they can roll (even if only one way), just to let them be.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Knowing its normal helps me a lot:) I'm going to let him be. Thank you once again.
  • Options
    Same here, my son would roll to his stomach and I left him be. We had to add mesh bumpers though because his leg would get stuck.
  • Options
    Mine does the same! I was losing so much sleep over watching her and making sure she was ok. The doctor and many friends said as long as nothing is in the crib and she has great head control, that she is fine! Now she actually sleeps better!!