Preemies
Options

IUGR

Hi I'm 34 weeks as of last friday and my little guy was diagnosed iugr around 28 weeks. Growth scans and NSTs were going well until yesterday. Looks like I may be delivering within the next week or two. does anyone have experience with delivery at 34-35 weeks with IUGR? I don't know what to expect. How long was the NICU stay and any complications from the IUGR? TIA

Re: IUGR

• Options
    We stayed in the nicu one month. LO was delivered at 35 weeks 3 pounds 12 ounces. She had no issues except reflux and has remained around the 20th percentile.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    Hi! Resurrecting this thread because my little guy was born A little over two weeks ago at 34 weeks. He was never officially diagnosed with IUGR, but he was only 2lb 13oz at birth but as developed and mature as a 34 weeker. Just wondering if now you might be able to share your experience with me :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a 4 month old DD who was born at 34 weeks at 3lb 11oz. She is a twin & was diagnosed as IUGR at around 26 weeks. Her twin bro was hogging all the room in my belly. She spent 19 days in the NICU growing & learning to feed. She came home on oxygen but was able to come off of it a month later. She is still on the small side - 11lb 4oz and behind on her milestones using her actual age. She is right on target using her adjusted age, though. She is behind her 15lb bro on a lot of milestones, though. Hard to say if that is the IUGR or just her developing at a different pace or both. Best of luck to you & your LO!!!
  • Options
    I just came to this board as I gave birth Thursday to an IUGR preemie. She had been measuring 9th percentile weekly since anatomy scan. She came at 33w6d and 4lb9oz. We were happy she seemed to gain alittle more than expected in the last week. Still surprised she was so early though! I came home today but she is still in the NICU. Dropped alittle weight this week but is doing well. Breathing on her own and breastfeeding couple times a day. She was under the lights today for some reddening and hopefully once that's gone she can be weaned out of islet. They won't give a commitment to timing they just say she has to eat, breathe and regulate temp on own for 5 days straight before they consider going home. So weird having my first baby and whirlwind of last two days and now to be home again just hubby me and the dogs.