Breastfeeding

Supply dropping??

I think my milk supply might be dropping...at my middle of the day feeds LO gets very squirmy when the milk flow slows down. About 3-4 min into the feeding it seems to happen. I also recently got my period back...not sure if that means supply is low or just normal. Sometimes are better than others but today we are having terribly feeds...she is fussy and unhappy. It's really upsetting. I even tried to give her formula after but she only took 1/2 ounce and was really unhappy about the formula. I thought by boobs were just adjusting because they no longer feel full...but now I'm not so sure. I do have hypothyroidism and am on synthroid. I know it can be a factor. Any thoughts?? (My LO is 11 weeks old)

Re: Supply dropping??

• I believe supply can dip around starting your period. I would try to increase water and calories.
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • Some women take calcium/magnesium supplements from the time they ovulate to the start of their period to help counter a supply dip.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers