TTC After a Loss

Intro...

Hello ladies.
I wanted to introduce myself. I just lost my sweet baby Malak at 12 weeks gestation. After two perfect ultrasounds, I went in for a routine 12 weeks ultrasound and there was no heartbeat.... D&C was performed that day, on my 24th birthday. :(

I haven't had any bleeding or spotting so I am just awaiting my next period.
I want to TTC following my first period... However, I am a bit nervous.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone on this board!!

(((Hugs)))

Re: Intro...

• I am so sorry for your loss.  Good luck moving forward!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are very similar.  12 week appt and no heartbeat and baby was 3 weeks delayed.  I followed my doctors advice and waited 2 weeks, hoping on a natural miscarry....nothing. My D&C is scheduled for Friday....there are still times when I think they may have made a mistake :(
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a mmc also at our almost 12w appt. and saw no heartbeat even after hearing it on the previous one. I am so sorry you had to go through this too. It is very painful, but time does heal you little by little. You will never be the same, but it is going to make you appreciate every little part of pregnancy differently.
    We were given the green light to start trying after after first AF. Now we are on our second cycle ttc. I wish you the best and t&p for healing.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mrsmommya said:

We are very similar.  12 week appt and no heartbeat and baby was 3 weeks delayed.  I followed my doctors advice and waited 2 weeks, hoping on a natural miscarry....nothing. My D&C is scheduled for Friday....there are still times when I think they may have made a mistake :(

I saw a previous post from you and we definitely have very similar experiences!! I'm sorry you are going through this as well! :(
    We will get through this and see our rainbow babies soon!

Hopefully AF arrives for us shortly!!!
  • So sorry for your loss. I went in at 14 weeks after seeing a healthy baby on ultrasound at 10 weeks and hearing its heartbeat 3 days earlier, and there was no heartbeat. Worst day of my life. I definitely understand your pain and fear of trying again. Best wishes! *hugs*
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• I am so sorry for your loss and send good wishes your way!
  • @reesaXden so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c back in late June at around 10 weeks for a MMC and felt the same way...felt ready to get back to trying pretty quick but was also terrified of how I would feel when I saw a BFP again. It's hard knowing you will never have to carefree pregnant that you could have had before going through what we have gone through. I'm sadly still waiting for AF to return (12 weeks now!!!!). Doctors apt today. I hope your AF is a bit quicker to return!
  • @reesaXden D&C was today and although this morning I was pretty emotional, I am actually optimistic about the future.  I am going to start temping tomorrow to get back into the swing and also to hopefully get a warning when my first period will be coming.  FX yours comes in a timely manner as well!  We have also been given the green light after one period and want to try the following cycle.  We have a dream that we will be pregnant again by Christmas.

@crob5685  any news on why it has taken so long to get your period back?
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending good thoughts your way
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @mrsmommya I went to the doctor yesterday. I have had a couple bouts of severe cramping (like had to leave work doubled over in pain cramping) twice since D&C that lasted 2-4 hours each time and were exactly what is usually a cycle for me apart, but no AF. I did have the smallest amount of spotting between. Doctor said it's possible that spotting could have been a period so wants me to wait two more weeks to see if I get anything again. If not he will prescribe me progesterone to try and get things going again. He mentioned Asherman's as something that was in the back of his mind, but said it was rare and that we would explore that if the progesterone doesn't get things moving again. FX it doesn't get to that!