March 2015 Moms

Pierced ears

has anyone pierced babys ears at Claire's? And how did it go?

Re: Pierced ears

• I have had both my daughters done at Claires. It was fine both times
  • I've been debating this for a while. My daughter is 5 months old and as much as I'd love to get her ears pierced (so she actually looks like a girl as she hardly has any hair), I can't justify myself to get it done and out my daughter through unnecessary pain. I explained to the piercer at Claire's about how my LO likes to rub her ears when she's tired and she was very helpful in telling me now would not be a very good time to get it done because of this and possibility of infectious blah blah. They were very helpful and if I was to consider getting my daughters ears done in the future then I don't think I would go anywhere else except Claire's (although they plan on charging extortionate prices!) but they seem to know what their doing with babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't get my eldest daughters ear pierced until she was 4 and that's because she asked to have them done. Im really glad I waited. We had an entire mommy day. Went out for ice cream, went shopping etc. then went and got her ears pierced. She still remembers our day and was old enough to understand that she can't touch her ears. Nothing against getting them done as an infant, I just enjoyed waiting and am waiting for my 2nd daughter to become old enough and ask.
  • I just had my daughters ears pierced last week. She'll be 6 months old this weekend and I'm soooo glad I did it when I did. I took her to a nearby pediatrician that does baby piercings. It was quick, she cried for a minute, and then her attention got drawn to something else. She hasn't messed with them at all. From what the pediatrician said, if you want to do it before your baby is an older kid, it's best to do it around 4-6 months because they're less likely to mess with them or really even notice them.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • laurenacourtlaurenacourt member
    edited September 2015
  • I'm going to do it this weekend. My little girl is 6 months old. I'm not going to Claire's. I thought about it, but I'm afraid to let a teenager pierce my baby :/
    There is a jewelry shop here who does it, it's pricier. The earrings are 14k gold though, and it's something we traditionally do. I did my older daughters at 5 months and we didn't have any problems with it.
  • I've done all 4 of my girls' ears and not one of them have had any kind of infection from their earrings. My friends who have waited until their kids were older have dealt with several. My kids don't notice that there is anything different because their earrings have always just been there.
  • I've done all 4 of my girls' ears and not one of them have had any kind of infection from their earrings. My friends who have waited until their kids were older have dealt with several. My kids don't notice that there is anything different because their earrings have always just been there.

That was why I went ahead now (that and it's a cultural thing for us for baby girls to get their ears pierced). The ones I got done as a baby were infection free, but I had tons of trouble with the ones I got done at 11 and 14. My daughter doesn't notice them at all.