TTC after 35

Fab 40's check-in for 9/17/15

This check in is for our over 40 crowd!  I thought I'd make it easier to LURE more people in (we haven't had many people check-in the last couple weeks).  

Tell us what's going on with you and what you love and hate about TTC at 40 and up! :)  Have a great week!
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: Fab 40's check-in for 9/17/15

• I like the format change. :)

Hate the judgement and pressure. We're not selfish or dumb for not wanting to TTC sooner. It's what made the most sense for us.

Love that we're in such a good place in our lives - relationship, careers, friends, etc. Agree with @dolphin012 about our society making balancing work/life difficult, but we're also glad that we got to focus on other passions for 20+ years and now those passions don't require as much time. The investment has been made.

I have not been as active on the boards because I've stopped the symptom spotting craziness. I'm still temping/charting/supplementing, but expectations are low and we're waiting for our new RE appointment in less than a month.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, as I've posted elsewhere today, I'm trying to figure out today if AF is showing up or not. So, that's not been fun.

I hate that people assume we chose to wait and/or are continuing to choose to wait. I met my DH when I was 37 and he was 40. Part of that was I went to grad school, etc, but most of it was we just didn't meet each other until later in life! There are so many times when we wish we had met 10 or 15 years earlier, but we didn't. And that's ok. But it comes with challenges. In the end, we're both really really glad we waited to meet each other! ;)

I love that I am so much more comfortable with myself and who I am now than I was 10 or even 5 years ago! I hope that comfort also bleeds over into who I am as a mom.

Now,'to continue to wait to see if AF shows. If it does, I'll be waiting to O and then waiting to see if AF shows again. Seems like my whole life is a series of two week waits.
  • Great to hear from you all!  

Love: I'm a much better mom than I would have been in my 20's.  I know this.  I'm not saying anything negative about people who parent in their 20s, I'm being negative about who I was in my 20s!! :)  I just wasn't as patient as I am now (TTC not included as that makes me totally impatient).  

Hate: That it's taking so long, that it's automatically MY eggs that are the problem, that I hear the damn clock ticking in my ear at all hours of the day and night...

Good luck everyone!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited September 2015
    That damn clock and its ticking! I'm with ya! Sometimes I wish I could shove it in a drawer somewhere. ;)