High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Fragile X Carriers - Spread the Word about Xpansion Interpreter Testing!

edited September 2015 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Just thought I'd spread the word about this new test called Asuragen Xpansion Interpreter, which apparently NO ONE has heard of!  I'm shocked!  It was recommended by my genetic counselor, but two of my doctors and multiple labs had no idea this existed.  I had to email the company directly and ask for more information and local labs that have billing with them.  Then I requested the exact details from a local lab that has set up an account with Asuragen.  Even the technician who drew my blood this morning had never heard of it.  I guess understandable so - I believe it is relatively new as the oldest article I can find is from 2011.

Anyways, the test claims to give a better probability if your Fragile X gene (if passed on to your child) will expand to a dangerous or full mutation level so you can rest assured (well hopefully for most!) when trying to conceive and/or until you can do fetus testing.

I will update you all once I receive the results!  Wish me luck! :)

P.S. Please private message me if you would like more information! 

Re: Fragile X Carriers - Spread the Word about Xpansion Interpreter Testing!

• Options
    Good luck!
    I carry "intermediate allele" for fragile x, from what I understand not an issue for my children- but for their children a full mutation is more likely.
    I haven't delved any deeper into it, but will for the sake of my kids- appreciate the info!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!