High-Risk Pregnancy

cervical length

Today at 18w2d my cervical length with pressure was 1.2cm without pressure it was 3.5cm. Such a big change has me worried. Any idea on what dr will do?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar

Re: cervical length

• I was put on couch potato rest and vaginal progesterone. If they don't mention in, then id ask for the progesterone as it can't hurt. I inserted one in the morning and one at night, laying down for a minimum of 20 minutes after insertion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Have they referred you to a perinatologist or high risk doctor?
    Applying pressure will definitely reduce the length of the cervix especially if they are measuring transabdominally. How did they measure you? Transvaginally or transabdominally?

Agree with @PlainJane8350 - if they are worried about cervical length a good place to start is progesterone suppositories. Doctors have varying opinions on cerclage and it's really dependent on the situation.

Just be sure they are measuring you frequently and keeping an eye out for any drastic changes in your cervical length. And again, the most accurate way to do this is transvaginal ultrasound!
  • Have they referred you to a perinatologist or high risk doctor?
    Applying pressure will definitely reduce the length of the cervix especially if they are measuring transabdominally. How did they measure you? Transvaginally or transabdominally?

Agree with @PlainJane8350 - if they are worried about cervical length a good place to start is progesterone suppositories. Doctors have varying opinions on cerclage and it's really dependent on the situation.

Just be sure they are measuring you frequently and keeping an eye out for any drastic changes in your cervical length. And again, the most accurate way to do this is transvaginal ultrasound!

They measured transvaginal. I also am on progesterone shots weekly.

I've seen the MFM at the beginning but cleared me to see regular OB until problems start.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar