2nd Trimester
Options

Vomiting spit

does anyone else vomit up spit? It used to be bile. But at 12-13weeks my nausea makes me run to the toilet and vomit a lot of water/spit. This happens in the early morning hrs after sleep.

Re: Vomiting spit

• Options
    When you are nauseous you produce more saliva, so you are likely still vomiting bile. You can't throw something up that isn't in your stomach.
  • Options
    Yes, this happened to be frequently in the first and early in the second trimester. It wasn't bile (bile is acidic, this wasn't), it was just mucous. When you are pregnant your body produces a lot of it, I have a crazy runny nose all morning every day that I probably end up swallowing some of it, and when my stomach was more sensitive I would throw it back up, especially after a hot shower.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I vomited a ton during my first trimester, whether or not I ate. If you drank small sips of water, it's likely you were vomiting that water. And as PP said, you salivate much more when vomiting so it was probably water + saliva that was already in your mouth. This was the case with me, anyhow. Honestly I preferred it to barfing up lots of food!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try saltines by your bed before standing up in the morning or have them within you during the day. I also loved my Preggie Pops, which I used most of my pregnancy with DS.

• Options
    Yes girl!! Story of my life! During first tri anyway. I am only 14w3d now but haven't been sick this week, thank goodness
  • Options
    In the early morning, and being pregnant, you produce more thick mucous. You end up swallowing this and it irritates your stomach, causing you to throw it up. I had this really bad between 16-22 weeks. I'm now at 25 weeks and it has calmed itself down. Now I'm back to vomiting only bile.
  • Options
    This happens to me early in the morning and in the evening before bed. I am 14 weeks and I think it may be ending. Haven't thrown up in 3 days now but can barely eat. I hate all food these past 2 months!