October 2015 Moms
Options

UO Thursday - Unpopular Opinions

Got an opinion that isn't typical? Add them here (at your own risk)!

;)

Re: UO Thursday - Unpopular Opinions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vamomtobe I'm so with you on this. Just say no to chevron! 
  • Options
    leighann1 said:

sjembry93 said:

Not sure how unpopular this but I just don't understand the point of the Baby Brezza. I feel like just making a bottle the regular way would be so much quicker..

Can my UO be that I have no idea what this is, and it really annoys me how many different "must-have" products there are out there?I feel like it would take our whole 9-month pregnancies plus some just to figure out what all this crap is. 

Haha its like a Keurig for baby bottles. Completely pointless and a waste of $150 in my opinion. But I agree I think a lot of the "must haves" are way to frivolous and unnecessary!
  • Options

The number of "I'm freaking out!!1!11!!1" threads annoys me. I know I tend to be a bit more methodical in my approach to life, and I also know there are definitely things worth freaking out about. But it annoys me when someone is "freaking out" about something that should be perhaps concerning or stressful. It just comes across as message board click bait and makes me want to throw some Xanax in The Bump water supply. 

I totally agree with you. And most of them are such minor things. I have had legitimate reasons to freak out, including falling down the stairs, spraining my hand and having to be in the hospital overnight, but I wouldn't post it as an omg I'm freaking out. I guess that's what I view my irl friends and family for. *shrug*

My UO is in order to do the preenclampsia screen, it can't be ordered on a Thursday and done on Friday. You have to start the collection at the beginning of the day and my lab is closed on weekends. If it's a concern, you'd think the dr would let me take it to the hospital. The dr that ordered that isn't my regular dr, I am monitoring my blood pressure at home from now till Monday in case it's a problem. I have my blood pressure right niw
  • Options

My UO- I don't like the idea of a "Sip and see" or a shower after the baby comes... My MIL is really pushing for this so that everyone can see the baby and we can "get what we still don't have". But, she is mad that we have bought so much for baby because she feels like there's nothing left to get... Yeah, because I'm due in like 3 weeks and want to be prepared! I don't even care if I have a shower. It's nice that she is planning something, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but, my (totally ignored) preference would be before baby gets here.

First, I don't want the pressure to go and see all kinds of people shortly after pushing a kid out of my vagina, especially since it's my first time and I have no idea how my body/hormones will respond postpartum. Second, I'm kind of a germaphobe and the idea of passing a little one around for everyone to touch and breathe on just doesn't sound appealing. Considering I don't know half the people she wants to invite, it also sounds awkward and like a nightmare as flu season is starting up. Sorry, this got a little longer than I thought it would when I started :)

I'm with you on thinking "sip and sees" are a bad idea! If it were held in some outside location and the baby wasn't touched or seen at all by the attendees, it might be ok, but I got SO paranoid about germs after DS was born. I didn't even want friends bringing over food because it was flu season.
  • Options
    elmann1 said:

I will NEVER understand ANY woman's perspective/opinion on "Men will be men: they don't like to discuss things, they just want sex, food and a happy wife." Implying that it's always the woman's fault when the men are mad. Are you kidding me?? I can't believe that people STILL think this way! Since when do men come on pedestals? Also, after repeating this to my husband, he was highly offended. As a grown adult man, he hates the stigma that's put on his gender by younger, immature idiots. "All" men are NOT Like that. Women need sex, food and happiness too. Never in a relationship is one person more important than another. Ever. I'm so sorry for any woman who has had people shove this BS mantra down your throat or has made you feel like YOU'RE doing something wrong. Communication is always key, and any live human being is capable of it.  

This. Pretty sure I know which thread that was, and I was pretty shocked by the response. I just went back and finished skimming it some. Glad she got some good responses, because whoa. Just whoa. I think a lot of men would be offended by that sweeping statement.
  • Options
    @floyd1rl, the funny thing is, I just realized that MY duvet cover is kind of a broken-up chevron pattern.  It's everywhere, I can't escape!!!  LOL.  And I bet your nursery is awesome.